No announcement yet.

Playstation 3 Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since the new controllers are bluetooth, you will most likely need a new wireless gun but the gap would be filled rapidly I assume. Unless your gun is a USB based controller you will probably have to replace it.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

It is by USB, I think they have to be for the PS2. I would happily swap for a bluetooth one though, the wires where much more of a pain for the gun than the controller; so long it works with the old games, that would be very nice.

Aparently the new Nintendo console has backwards compatability to N64, Snes etc which is interesting, I still think goldeneye was one of the best games ever made.
      Christopher Padfield
      Web Based Helpdesk
      DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

The Nintendo Revolution does NOT have backwards compatibility with anything but the GameCube. It only accepts standard 12 cm discs now, they're no longer using their own format.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          Since the new controllers are bluetooth, you will most likely need a new wireless gun but the gap would be filled rapidly I assume. Unless your gun is a USB based controller you will probably have to replace it.
          I'm really surprised that they went with Bluetooth. Devices with them, no matter how simple, tend to be quite overpriced. Also it seems to be a bit overkill when a simple 2.4 GHz RF setup would work.

But, of course, they make much of their money on the games and peripherals, not the console bundle itself.
          --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
          Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
          vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by TheHeggy
            The Nintendo Revolution does NOT have backwards compatibility with anything but the GameCube. It only accepts standard 12 cm discs now, they're no longer using their own format.
            Out of the box, that appears to be true; but look at:
            http://www.********.com/entry/1234000667043658/

Maybe games will be re-released on standard CD, perhaps shops will be able to swap a CD for a cartridge for $5, maybe some old games will be downloadable and writable to a CD - who knows; but what is apparently the case is the system has the emulation software ready to run those games.
            Christopher Padfield
            Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

um, enga dget.com seems to be blocked by filter, not sure why.
              Christopher Padfield
              Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

They can provide backwards compatibility to cartridges the same way the Gamecube plays Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advanced Games. Simply use an add-one device that interprets the cartridge code and feeds it through the system.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by chrispadfield
                  um, enga dget.com seems to be blocked by filter, not sure why.
                  Very cool stuff. Looks like we will have alot to choose from in the future. I want one of each

Comment

Sounds good Wayne. I think they have a good opportunity to sell some of the back catalouge as direct downloads as well. Wonder if they will take it.
                    Christopher Padfield
                    Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

I would love for them to start supporting all their old games again. For me, the height of video gaming was the SNES era... A lot of the games since that time have become nothing but glitz and glamour to cover up what little substance they actually have.

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of great games for the PS2/XBox/GameCube, but it just seems like the ratio of good to bad games is a lot worse than it was during the reign of the NES/SNES.

Or maybe I'm just a retard.

Comment

i still love my nintendo over most of the modern systems. the gameplay was actually harder for most games

Comment

My god, have you guys seen the trailer for Killzone 2? It looks amazing, lets just hope they fixed the bad parts of Killzone 1 with this sequal.

Hahaha, and once again, I point and laugh at the Nintendo fanboys

MGM out

Comment

Hahaha, and once again, I point and laugh at the Nintendo fanboys
                            Personally I find all the fan boys rather funny. There appear to be 6 types, 3 types that go on and on about how amazing one console is, and 3 others that go on and on about how bad another one is. It reminds me of the PHP v Perl v ASP v JSP etc. "discussions".
                            Christopher Padfield
                            Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Originally posted by chrispadfield
                              Personally I find all the fan boys rather funny. There appear to be 6 types, 3 types that go on and on about how amazing one console is, and 3 others that go on and on about how bad another one is. It reminds me of the PHP v Perl v ASP v JSP etc. "discussions".
                              What's your point

I'm an xbox fanboy right now.... but I think the PS3 is far better than the 360, and Nintendo didn't even bother to show me anything worthwhile with the Revolution (games? where are the games?) so why should I bother with them if they won't bother with us?

MGM out

Comment

Perhaps because they are not read? PS3 and Revolution out in about a years time, X-Box out in less than 6 months. One would hope the xbox has more in way of games to show.
                                Christopher Padfield
                                Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X