X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subduck
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    The original "premiere" game for the PS2 was a fireworks puzzle game and never saw the thrill in it either.
    That game was horrible.

Advent Children in the Final Fantasy line looks good but it hasn't been released yet. That is the kind of game that I play.
    Advent Children isn't a game.

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    Sorry... Simply not my type of game. The original "premiere" game for the PS2 was a fireworks puzzle game and never saw the thrill in it either.
    Most reviewers reccomended SSX though, and that game is great. And I'm not just saying that either, I DESPISE sports games (they are all similar and boring, stupid imo), but SSX really drew me in as a gamer and not as a sports enthusiast or fan.

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Arkham
    replied
    Originally posted by subduck
    Have you seen the prices for the 2GB chip?!
    $92-115 US for the 1 GB Memory Card Pro Duo by SanDisk isn't bad. I'm picking one up on my next trip to the US.

Leave a comment:

• Arkham
    replied
    Like stated if you want to spend $200-300 to play multi-player tetris, then go ahead. Seems like a waste of money to me.
    If someone pays Can$299/US$240 for a toy just to play one game they've got more serious problems. (Too much money, for one. I can help. )

Besides, anything by Tetsuya Mizuguchi (Rez, Lumines) is beyond a mere game. It's a work of art. Since I can't get Rez on the PSP, Lumines is next in line. It might not have the same depth, but it has longevity and style out the wazoo.

Leave a comment:

• Arkham
    replied
    Originally posted by Snake
    I'm just wondering how many of you own a PSP in here. I'm not sure if I'll even get one. I'll just wait for the PS3.
    Got mine the day after release. Very, very swank. Very.

Only have Twisted Metal and Lumines, but I'm picking up Mercury soon and WipeOut Pure.

Dying in anticipation of Armored Core in September, but I'm sure something else will pop up between now and then. (MC3ub, probably.)

Leave a comment:

• Darkblade
    replied
    You're right. Damn those Japanese people. They're always one step ahead of us. >_>

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Snake
    But it has been already released in Japan.
    Doesn't help me any... I don't read or speak Japanese and having a Japanese release wouldn't allow me to play a game.

Leave a comment:

• Darkblade
    replied
    But it has been already released in Japan.

Leave a comment:

• assassingod
    replied
    Sorry... Simply not my type of game. The original "premiere" game for the PS2 was a fireworks puzzle game and never saw the thrill in it either.

Advent Children in the Final Fantasy line looks good but it hasn't been released yet. That is the kind of game that I play. However since I find puzzles, sports and fighting games fairly boring in the long run, usually after a coupld of sessions, there isn't much worth spending my money on at this time.
    Square-Enix haven't released any information on the UMD version of Advent Children, but a DVD release has been announced (14th September, world-simultaneous)

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Well, if it was a 'multi-player tetris' game then it would be a waste of money. But as a big time gamer (own all three consoles, going to e3, and have a lan for gaming setup at my house) I can tell you the game is simply amazing and is worth purchasing. It's also created by the same guy who did 'Rez', but that probably means nothing to you.

Advent Children in the Final Fantasy line looks good but it hasn't been released yet. That is the kind of game that I play. However since I find puzzles, sports and fighting games fairly boring in the long run, usually after a coupld of sessions, there isn't much worth spending my money on at this time.

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    Well, if it was a 'multi-player tetris' game then it would be a waste of money. But as a big time gamer (own all three consoles, going to e3, and have a lan for gaming setup at my house) I can tell you the game is simply amazing and is worth purchasing. It's also created by the same guy who did 'Rez', but that probably means nothing to you.
    You know, I've always wanted to play Rez... but I could never find it I also am a big gamer, which is why I was so excited about it before release... but alas, I can't afford it yet

I think I'll stick to 512 MB thank you very much

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• subduck
    replied
    Originally posted by chrispadfield
    I just wish the memory prices where lower

Leave a comment:

• chrispadfield
    replied
    For me, being able to watch a tv episode on the go is part of the attraction - I just wish the memory prices where lower - but wipeout pure is certainly a very fun game, it feels like you are playing a full console game - its generations removed from playing games on a gameboy when i was a kid. I am not really into "sport" games so the lineup wastn't great for me, but it seems there are a lot of games on the horizon. Should be fun.

Leave a comment:

• subduck
    replied
    Like stated if you want to spend $200-300 to play multi-player tetris, then go ahead. Seems like a waste of money to me.
    Last edited by subduck; Sun 15 May '05, 10:43pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X