Just wondering ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering ...

I'm just wondering where I could find some web-site(s) of people who can design a web-site for you, cheaply but great looking design. I mean, design the entire web-site. Anybody know of this? I'm getting extremely backed up with my projects, and I need some help from the outside! lol.
    Last edited by DeMenkey; Fri 13th May '05, 1:52pm.

www.designoutpost.com - Better Quality, More Expensive, Designers are vetted so they are more experienced, minimum costs involved, site acts as a go between so if you don't get your work you get your money back, must pay up front. Buyer is in control.
    www.sitepoint.com/forums/ - Cheaper, Anyone can participate, Lower but still decent quality, no lower limit on cost, if the designer doesn't deliver you are on your own. More oriented towards Designer Control.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I looked over both sites, thanks. But all I see is help stuff, I don't see any services/products at all! Maybe I'm missing something?

Comment

Design Outpost is only about hiring people. Read the text on the front page.

On SitePoint, you have to get access to their market place to post requests for service.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

too tired to google ATM but i need desperiate help with my site. i got the layout of the first few pages but with work and doing stuff at my parents home and visitin dad in a convelescent home i have little to no time to work on my site. i need just one full gallery done 70 pages. http://animerealmz.org/v4 its the one with the pages in it. all i need is just one 70 pag elayout based on this desighn. i can edit the other gallery pages accordingley in just 2 minuites but gettin time to hand code all 70 pages i dont have time for. if i can get it free great if not well i can make a small payment verry small.good night and good weekend.

Comment

try www.elance.com - lots of people bid on your project there. Not quite as cheap as it used to be though.
            Christopher Padfield
            Web Based Helpdesk
            DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

http://www.codingforums.com Look under the "Work Offers/Requests" part.

Comment

well I really don't know how "cheap" you are looking for, though doing a entire website with content and decent images really going beyond 100 bucks or more

Comment

Instead of going to a professional company look for a private developer on deviantart.com or anywhere else on the web. Design sites usually have a handful of great designers who will do side jobs for small cash.

Comment

template monsters dot com

Comment

sorry to the VB admins but i dont want this to come off as a promo
                      however i see a couple dude in need of alittl help

If you need alittle web site help - shoot me a message in here (PM OR EMAIL )
                      and we can discuss somethings

you can look at my site which i work on daily www.clubexl.com
                      (its alot larger then it looks)
                      or you can look at my new office website www.wearesp.com

Both are pretty simple designs but it shows you the differance in how it all lays out and functions when its two diff sites for two diff fields

again
                      let me know if you sitll need some help (and i do mean cheap)

Comment

I think there is an inherent contradiction in your request... No offense...

I have priced out total custom website design and was quoted anywhere from $5000 to $12000 US Dollars. This price range is where quality and service come into play...

I have also talked to people who will "help" you set up your website for a few hundred bucks, at your own risk. No guarantees, nothing...

It's a risk, but when it comes to web design, I'm afraid you will not find quality, service, and inexpensive in one place. Any decent designer is going to ring in at around $100 per hour with overhead included. It's just business.

What I did was to take higher-end prepackaged stuff, like vB, and learn to do basic html, css, and template mods. Which basically decodes into, if I have all the components of a website in front of me, I can put it together.

Comment

what i want is a good layout (witch i think i got) i know HTML and enough CSS to get my colors i want and as my pages all have simular codeing it is easy to code the site it just takes time to do the biggest gallery i have as i am revamping the layout at the same time i am adding content to each gallery mostley a description of each series with my own view of the series (the ones i have seen anyhow) and i am also moving EVERYTHING into a new directory to reflect that this the 4th version of my site.

my images and pages have a simular pattern i will not post my pages codeing here. but you can view source on my pages but it wont show up the cgi call i use to generate my page links.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph777
                            It's a risk, but when it comes to web design, I'm afraid you will not find quality, service, and inexpensive in one place. Any decent designer is going to ring in at around $100 per hour with overhead included. It's just business.
                            ah yes, the 100 bucks per hour, that of course if you are prepared to lose like 1,00 0 bucks in a day or so

HTML/CSS isn't so hard to learn(Now playing with tableless layouts), php is hard(for me :'() but programming languages doesn't interest me, I always wanted to design and do flash ^^

Comment

Originally posted by David Gonzalez
                              ah yes, the 100 bucks per hour, that of course if you are prepared to lose like 1,00 0 bucks in a day or so

HTML/CSS isn't so hard to learn(Now playing with tableless layouts), php is hard(for me :'() but programming languages doesn't interest me, I always wanted to design and do flash ^^
                              flash is completely over rated
                              its really only for looks but as apposed to functionality and maintenace...........its a dead horse
                              if you have a site that you need to update quickly - daily - or even a couple times a day, even using includes,
                              flash is a HUGE mistake

also
                              searchengines dont bother with flash pages really
                              and did you even know that

with all the people using the internet
                              only 50% of them have highspeed
                              now take just that 50% and dwindle it down again cause
                              30% of those highspeed users can actually see flash and java on their screens
                              the rest are either
                              A) on dialup and wont wait for pages to load
                              or
                              b) have highspeed but abuse their PCs so much along w/o setting them up properly,
                              they cant see any animations like we can

by the way

i maintain 7 websites
                              run my own online radio station
                              and update my website a few times a day

and im still on diealup

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X