vbhackers.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesyfx
    Yarg. Its funny when people give power to the wrong people.
    Or it's just an excuse so they won't get in trouble.
    So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

Nope, never got any emails for them and better not.
      Metal Gear Forums - Discussion on the popular series of computer and console stealth-based games.

My Mods: Coming Soon | My Tutorials: Coming Soon

Comment

Yup, I got the "spam" email. I just ignored it.

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin
          Yup, I got the "spam" email. I just ignored it.
          same..
          http://www.tchracing.com/forums/live...h_live_sig.jpg

Comment

I'm the owner of vbhackers.com and there was a situation with an admin who was spamming members of my site, and vb.org. He was deadmined and you should never receive a single email from us unless you are a member there and there are updates. I'm going to read this thread in full now.

That annoucment was not an excuse. From the logs in my ACP Panel i found this:

Code:
            9364         ***         14:24, 10th May 2005         email.php                                00.00.00.00
            9363         ***         14:24, 10th May 2005         email.php         dosendmail             00.00.00.00
            9362         ***         14:22, 10th May 2005         email.php         dosendmail             00.00.00.00
            9361         ***         14:20, 10th May 2005         email.php         dosendmail             00.00.00.00
            9360         ***         14:16, 10th May 2005         email.php         dosendmail             00.00.00.00
            9359         ***         14:14, 10th May 2005         email.php         dosendmail             00.00.00.00
            9358         ***         14:13, 10th May 2005         email.php         dosendmail             00.00.00.00
            9357         ***         14:11, 10th May 2005         email.php         dosendmail             00.00.00.00
            9356         ***         14:10, 10th May 2005         email.php         start                  00.00.00.00
            9354         ***         14:04, 10th May 2005         email.php                                00.00.00.00
            9353         ***         14:04, 10th May 2005         email.php         dosendmail             00.00.00.00
            9352         ***         13:59, 10th May 2005         email.php         dosendmail             00.00.00.00
            9351         ***         13:58, 10th May 2005         email.php         dosendmail             00.00.00.00
            9347         ***         13:54, 10th May 2005         email.php         dosendmail             00.00.00.00
            9346         ***         13:53, 10th May 2005         email.php         start                  00.00.00.00
            9345         ***         13:52, 10th May 2005         email.php         makelist               00.00.00.00
            9344         ***         13:51, 10th May 2005         email.php         genlist                00.00.00.00
            9343         ***         13:51, 10th May 2005         email.php         start                  00.00.00.00
            Name and IP were ** for obvisous reason. I know alot of people got mail from my site and i belive that this user was spoofing the emails. I'm sorry if you recived these emails and i can assure you that this will not happen again. Again, deeply sorry.
            Last edited by Ken Iovino; Thu 12 May '05, 8:52pm.
            Ken Iovino
            Full Time PHP, Ruby and iOS Developer

Comment

Someone let the ape out, belive live wire, he's telling the truth

Comment

Yeah I got them too, but in defense of Livewire and the site, it's the first time I've got anything from them other than the original email verification so I'm more than willing to believe him
                I know violence isn't the answer . . . I got it wrong on purpose
                Rep Owners - New forum for reptile owners/lovers
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks AzhriaLilu. Word of advice, admin by yourself unless you know the person in RL. lol
                  Ken Iovino
                  Full Time PHP, Ruby and iOS Developer

Comment

Originally posted by []\[]emesis
                    Thanks AzhriaLilu. Word of advice, admin by yourself unless you know the person in RL. lol
                    I'm sure more than one of us have been in similar situations
                    I know violence isn't the answer . . . I got it wrong on purpose
                    Rep Owners - New forum for reptile owners/lovers
                    sigpic

Comment

Giving power to people in real life isn't a good idea either.

They think they can get away with anything because they know you, and get pissed when you tell them otherwise.

Can ruin REAL LIFE friendships.

i know from experience, that's one of the reasons i let SquirrelSpit die.

It's a double edged sword though.

Comment

i'm the only admin on my boards(live) now on my dev machine i have a couple to help with the programming backend and such. this helps me keep the admincp to me and noone else

Comment

Originally posted by Bema Jinn
                          Giving power to people in real life isn't a good idea either.

They think they can get away with anything because they know you, and get pissed when you tell them otherwise.

Can ruin REAL LIFE friendships.

i know from experience, that's one of the reasons i let SquirrelSpit die.

It's a double edged sword though.
                          So far my girlfriend hasn't done anything bad, I'd trust her with admin powers on my forums

Comment

I don't get why everyone is getting so angree about 2 little emails.
                            You're making such a big thing of this all, it only takes one or 2 seconds to delete them, why bother spending 15 minutes whining?

And LiveWire (AKA []\[]emesis) contributed more hacks to the vBulletin community (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/member.php?u=27714#hacks, http://vbhackers.com/forum/member.php?u=1) than any of you posting in this thread.
                            IF (and he didn't, I'm sure) but IF he would've sent those 2 tiny emails, shouldn't we, the vBulletin community forgive him?
                            I can bet you atleast 10 (now thats a very low number, there are probably way more) vBulletin customers are vBulletin and not IPB customers because of his work.
                            Thats 850$ minumum, and probably more.
                            I'd say the vBulletin staff owes him one, don't they? (Yes, I am looking at you Floris post #11, this thread)

I'd say trash this thread, because it's only giving a bad name to a very good site.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaths
                              I can bet you atleast 10 (now thats a very low number, there are probably way more) vBulletin customers are vBulletin and not IPB customers because of his work.
                              Thats 850$ minumum, and probably more.
                              Very odd and ridiculous thing to say.
                              - MrLister

Comment

It might seem odd to you, but its not.
                                Releasing a hack takes time, free time.
                                He has spent hours and hours of his free time coding hacks for free for the vBulletin community, he even runs a site for the vBulletin community to enjoy, priceless!

It's huge hacking community is one of the major things why I myself chose for vBulletin, and I bet I'm not the only one by far.

You might find it odd and ridiculous, but I'm sure many share my opinion.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X