It's Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Time

I started a thread a couple months ago that got 12+ pages of responses, discussing Jelsoft's no info treatment. This is a thread just telling you guys that this is the perfect time to at least release some information about it. (You know, IPB is releasing 2.1 soon)

I do not see how we cannot get a feature list. It is time to start thinking about your customers more than the Invision Staff. IMO, you guys are great support, this is an awesome community, but you are all focused on making sure that Invision doesn't copy that x feature.

We all want information, and that is it, we do not need a release date, we want to know what is being worked on, we want to be informed. Microsoft copies Apple, MS copies Sony, Nike copies adidas and so on.

Here are just some general posts I found around the board that had to do with this:
    Originally posted by Tailfeathers
    I understand 3.1 is a big release, but it seems like work on it has been going really slowly. I would have figured it would have already been released a long time ago. We haven't seen any big new features in a long, long time...ever since I became a member almost a year ago, it seems. At the very least, it'd be nice to get some sort of very general timetable...it gets a bit frustrating.
    Originally posted by whitetigergrowl
    When I went back and looked, the last several updates appear to be nothing more than bug fixes and security updates. Nothing of importance for most members has been added. And it appears I'm not the only one thats noticed this.
    Originally posted by Keyser Söze
    i dunno about the other guy but im not here to flame anyone, someone wants to flame me go ahead im wearing fireproof undies ;p

i dont think its too much to ask to be given an idea of what is being worked on and a "hopeful" date release, nothing set in stone or anything else of tthat matter

and always problems arise and things get pushed back and thats just how it is, but all that aside, the simple fact is:

its been over a year since any new improvements/features were added, and i for one would appreciate some information on what is happening here.

thanks
    Originally posted by merk
    Who exactly is "everyone else"?

Heck, even VALVe have weekly newsletters giving some kind of update even if its just "we're working on 2 new weapons for HL2DM!!!!!!!!!!!".
    This also felt like the best forum to put this thread in, because well, it is company feedback, not site or software.

I doubt they're going to change their mind about releasing information.

To them, every time they've given information, people just keep wanting more and more, so they stopped giving it at all.

Comment

I am getting kinda sick of waiting just to know what some of 3.x features are going to be. And I do not think 3.x will be out anytime soon. And if Jelsoft waits and waits they will get behind their competition. They need to get some information out to get people excited about 3.x

Look at what IPB is getting:

Videos of new features,
      New features along with the security flaws,
      easy to use ACP
      etc

If Jelsoft doesnt show that vBulletin 3.x will be any better than IPB 2.1 then vBulletin may start going down the drain. I am not trying to promote IPB in any way. I am just expressing how I feel. Jelsoft is being WAY too quiet. Its kinda like Area 51. The Government is being so hush hush that people are thinking that maybe they are doing illegal activities and stuff there.

So I as a customer suggest that Jelsoft at least give us hints. Rock solid hints at that. Not cheasy little hints that no one can figure out.

EDIT: PS also people will get tired of waiting for unique features they will resort to a new BBS
      http://helpmegetamac.net/blackapple.gif MacBook Pro 15.4" Core2Duo 2.33GHz.

Comment

3.0.x has all the features I need, but, Invision is adding a couple new and unique things that is making me look in their direction for any future communities I might start. They already have a couple features that I like and aren't lacking anything I need. I've just been loyal to Jelsoft thus far. I am discouraged with the lack of a roadmap of future plans and the way everything is shrouded in privacy with only hints at what is coming in cryptic posts by devs and team members.
        A vbulletin CMS was first discussed over a year ago. A new plugin system was announced about 6 months ago. Since we haven't heard a word about future plans.
        Come on devs throw us a bone every once in a while. If for no other reason then to let us know development isn't stagnate.
        Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

Also you dont have to tell us every new feature. Just enough to get us excited for the future releases of vBulletin.

Comment

Perhaps now they won't even announce a 3.X release.... We've already scared them from announcing X.0.0 releases, let's not scare them from announcing X.X.0 releases too... I'm sure they have very good reasons for keeping things secret... outside of competition... what if they announced a feature for the next release but later realized it wasnt worth it (ie: too many bugs, server intensive, breaks vB, etc.) and removed it before the release... how many people expecting that feature would be pissed? A lot.

MGM out

Comment

It's easy to request a feature list, though you have to look at the plethora of threads dealing with this exact same topic surrounding these forums.

The more time they have to spend dealing with the exact same thread topic, the more time it takes away from development of the software at hand.

While I am sure everyone would love to see a press release with the new features listed, even in part, sometimes it's best to keep 'hush-hush' about what you have planned.

If anyone (and this is not directly specifically) is so uptight over their privacy decision to keep the feature list at bay until they are fully ready to release it, then it may be time to make a switch. No one here is specifically holding a (insert choice word here) to you head and making you stick around or wait for a feature press release, there are options to move on.

Again, I understand that it's been a while and other companies may send out newsletters every day, though in comparrison, compare VALVE's corporate staff size to that of Jelsoft -- I am sure VALVE out-weighs them and hence they have staff to ready such newsletters.

As long as the developers are focusing on development and security is a focus they are managing well, I don't see the fuss about having to wait. If the software was so full of bugs, security flaws and such and they were not releasing anything, even bug & security fixes, sure, then you have a reason to be mad, anxious and so forth.

Honestly, it's time to give these threads a break.

Comment

It's been 1 year, 1 month, and 19 days since vB 3.0.0 was released. What's the harm in 5 more minutes?

Comment

Originally posted by squall14716
                  It's been 1 year, 1 month, and 19 days since vB 3.0.0 was released. What's the harm in 5 more minutes?
                  Plus it took over a year to develop vBulletin 3.0 and go gold.
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Damn, people take the feature list so seriously. LOL
                    So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

Maybe add that to the order page

.. Leased: $85.00
                      .. Owned: $160.00
                      .. Feature List for next version of vB: $600.00

Kim

Comment

Originally posted by KimmiKat
                        Maybe add that to the order page

.. Leased: $85.00
                        .. Owned: $160.00
                        .. Feature List for next version of vB: $600.00

Knowing the date of the next release ... priceless.

[p.s. before anyone gets the wrong idea, thats a joke - I certainly know of no date].
                        Christopher Padfield
                        Web Based Helpdesk
                        DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

hahahaha good one :P lol

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                            Plus it took over a year to develop vBulletin 3.0 and go gold.
                            Yeah, of course if you go back to last really major release before 3.0.0 was vB3 Gamma, which was December 4th, 2003. Of course don't forget vB3 Beta 3 which was released on July 13th, 2003. The reason everyone wants to know about the next release is because it has been a very long time since the last major release - and we knew of those features all the way back in August 2002.

What I am curious about is why a lot of people believes some release of 3.x.0 is anytime soon (and posting about it)? It seems several people, at around the same time, keep making guesses that it will be very soon. What is so special about now?

Comment

Originally posted by squall14716
                              Yeah, of course if you go back to last really major release before 3.0.0 was vB3 Gamma, which was December 4th, 2003. Of course don't forget vB3 Beta 3 which was released on July 13th, 2003. The reason everyone wants to know about the next release is because it has been a very long time since the last major release - and we knew of those features all the way back in August 2002.

What I am curious about is why a lot of people believes some release of 3.x.0 is anytime soon (and posting about it)? It seems several people, at around the same time, keep making guesses that it will be very soon. What is so special about now?
                              Perhaps they think Jelsoft will release vB as a late mother's day gift?

MGM out

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X