Dude.. I'm getting a Dell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude.. I'm getting a Dell

I'm buying a Dell today, and with savings comes to around 1200, so its not bad.

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 640 with HT Technology, Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
    1GB RAM
    160GB Hard Drive
    Wireless keyboard / mouse
    Sound Blaster® Live! 24-bit ADVANCED HD™ Audio
    2YR Limited Warranty
    Single Drive: 16X DVD-ROM Drive

Not bad..
    Last edited by bahawolf; Sat 7 May '05, 4:35am.

What gfx ccard ?
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

The included one is an X300 SE but I can switch it with my GeForce 4 Ti4200 until I upgrade it. :-p

Comment

What a waste... $1200 could have gotten you a much better computer.

Ah well...

And no, actually you can't replace the X300SE with a GF4 Ti4200, seeing as that's an AGP card. You'll need a PCI Express card.

Comment

Blah...Dell, Im sorry..I just got rid of mine, you should check out www.ibuypower.com

Comment

I recently got a Dell as well (Dimension 8400):

Pentium 4 Processor 630 with HT Technology (3GHz, 800 FSB / 2MB)
            Microsoft Windows XP Home
            1 GB DDR SDRAM, 400 MHz (2 DIMM)
            160 GB EIDE SATA Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
            128MB PCI Express ATI Radeon X300 SE
            16X DVD ROM Drive

$619.50 shipped.

Comment

I put off on the Dell for now because I got approved, but with 22% APR rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco
                What a waste... $1200 could have gotten you a much better computer.

Ah well...

And no, actually you can't replace the X300SE with a GF4 Ti4200, seeing as that's an AGP card. You'll need a PCI Express card.
                100% agree what a waste. Could have gotten a 64bit iMac with 17" display running on a 64bit OS.

Comment

Yeah, or you could get a kickass Athlon 64 system that beats the snot out of that P4, with a much better video card, a DVD-RW and decent sound rather than Creative.

Comment

Originally posted by bahawolf
                    The included one is an X300 SE but I can switch it with my GeForce 4 Ti4200 until I upgrade it. :-p
                    I speak from experience from a work Dell system that the X300 SE is a complete piece of garbage. However, I also learned that they're using PCI Express for the new systems, so your Geforce 4 probably won't be compatible.

I would have gotten Windows XP Pro so you can upgrade for $12 to the 64-bit version. Home doesn't qualify.

Is 22% even a legal rate? In Maryland at least, I think the absolute max is 21%.
                    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                      I speak from experience from a work Dell system that the X300 SE is a complete piece of garbage. However, I also learned that they're using PCI Express for the new systems, so your Geforce 4 probably won't be compatible.

I would have gotten Windows XP Pro so you can upgrade for $12 to the 64-bit version. Home doesn't qualify.

Is 22% even a legal rate? In Maryland at least, I think the absolute max is 21%.
                      Dell is based in TX, so I assume the rates charged are only applicable to where the company originates.
                      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

The actual amount was like 21.74 or something.

Comment

i wish i had 1GB RAM

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X