I just bought a new monitor - 22inch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just bought a new monitor - 22inch.

And it's bombin'! It's a Micronpc.com Trinitron GDM-5402 monitor. I beleive it was made by Sony but put out by Micropc.com (now changed names) and I can't find jack **** anywhere on the internet ... Anybody know of any places I could find some drivers for it?

http://www.monitor-drivers.com/drivers/167/167173.htm

p.s. search engines are your friend.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

yeah, but my model number is GDM-5402 ... I don't see it up their ...

Comment

The link goes directly to that model... Not sure why you need monitor drivers anyway, I have never installed drivers for my monitor and control everything through the videocard.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I didn't know, that's what I do too, but I just did a format and reinstalled a bunch of stuff properly, so i thought I'd do it too, just to keep windows from crashing anymore.

Comment

And plus, my color is off a bunch, white isn't white, black isn't black, it's a bit dull ...

Comment

If you have XP, and you can't find the actual drivers, why not just use a generic LCD or CRT driver?

Comment

Even with my Samsun SyncMaster 241mp the drivers were better to have than the generic windows drivers.
                Shane
                CIO, FrakMedia.net
                Director of Information, BattlestarForum.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                  The link goes directly to that model... Not sure why you need monitor drivers anyway, I have never installed drivers for my monitor and control everything through the videocard.
                  The attachment explains a reason why to use manufacturer profiles.

ATI's default for my monitor ran it over 97Hz after that videocard driver install. I got a dead signal warning that only was fixed by rebooting in Safe Mode to disable the extended refresh ranges (which Nvidia automatically eliminates upon install).

Such out of range "pops" can damage a monitor and fry it.

Besides, manufacturers have custom color profiles which graphics programs sometimes need for accurate color ranges. Otherwise a lot of tweaking is necessary to get default monitor colors to match print (not a good situation when using proofing color systems, which graphic artists have to use to match print swatches [like Panatone] to web sites).

Chris
                  Attached Files
                  "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
                  is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
                  ~~~
                  Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

You could click Advanced and lower it down under the monitor tab.
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Nope, wouldn't work with a dead signal warning, Josh (the monitor wouldn't operate at all at 97hz @ 1280x1024). Only a Safe Mode reboot and manually turning off the extended ranges will correct it.

Chris
                      ~~~
                      Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

I've got the res. set on 2048x1536, and it's fun as hell playing games. And it's nice to work in, so much space. But, I've got a little problem. All the small text is blury, and it's hard to read. Anybody know what i can do to fix this?
                        Also, all the colors are deemer ... Black isn't black white isn't white.
                        Anyhow, heres a link to my new desktop.

http://www.pocketfuzzinc.com/fusion_images/desktop.gif
                        (I had to downsize it abit)

Comment

Your monitor isn't suppose to work at those resolutions. The specs claim 1600 x 1280 @ 90Hz is the highest resolution. 2048x1536 @ 18.9" is going to be some s-m-a-l-l, and yes anti-aliased text (Clear Type isn't used on CRT, so if you're used to Clear Type crispness goto the MS site and go through their Clear Type config test. You have 3 to 5 different settings, choose one that fits your eyesite).

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/...ner/Step1.aspx

[Yes, it'll work with CRT monitors as well]

I get a 18" view from this 19" monitor and it's only comfortable to read text at 1280x1024, any resolution higher would make the text 6pt in size (microscopic).

Chris
                          ~~~
                          Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

I have the 22" from iiyama, and 2048 runs very nice on 84hz But I usually have it at lower and hz on 100. Of course, effectivly its a 20.9 like most 21" monitors.

I have dual setup, my TFT is 19" and is a few milimeter smaller then the crt one :P and does 1280x1024 @ 75hz.

You have a nice monitor, be nice to it

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisLM2001
                              Your monitor isn't suppose to work at those resolutions. The specs claim 1600 x 1280 @ 90Hz is the highest resolution. 2048x1536 @ 18.9" is going to be some s-m-a-l-l, and yes anti-aliased text (Clear Type isn't used on CRT, so if you're used to Clear Type crispness goto the MS site and go through their Clear Type config test. You have 3 to 5 different settings, choose one that fits your eyesite).

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/...ner/Step1.aspx

[Yes, it'll work with CRT monitors as well]

I get a 18" view from this 19" monitor and it's only comfortable to read text at 1280x1024, any resolution higher would make the text 6pt in size (microscopic).

Chris
                              Thanks man, I had skipped your post (didn't see it), a friend pointed it out to me, I tried it, and it worked like a charm, just a small problem. (I guess I can over look it), some of the text is still a bit ... off ... when it's on a white background with Times Rome Nomal. Also, my colors just arn't working well anymore.

Oh, and I bought a new Video Card today. ATI Rageon 9250 w/256mb.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X