• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Games

Post all your favorite Video games in this thread,
    This includes Computer games.
    GTA: III
    Splinter Cell
    ~ I mosly like mature games, I think there more interesting.

Burnout 3
    Halo
    Halo 2
    Star wars: Knights of the old republic
    Soldat
    Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy VIII

I probably have loads more, which i haven't played in ages and therefore, can't remember.

Comment

*gasps.. takes out list*
      ---------

Final Fantasy series
      WoW
      grandia
      unreal tournament *GOTY, 2004 etc etc*
      kingdom heart *O_o*
      R.O.S.E *its a pc game o.o!*
      priston tale
      RO
      zelda
      phantasy star online

and some others ._.

Comment

I'm into mainly old school arcade and platformer games. My all-time favorite game is actually Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES (1989), although the updated versions for the Super NES and Game Boy Advance are equally as good.
        Forums

Comment

C&C Red Alert 2
          GTA: Vice City
          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Only PC games, had enough of the shoot-them-up Atari/Commodore days...

1. Deus Ex I (original game). A FPS+RPG hybrid with one of the most intriquing storylines in any game made. It can make you literally go, "whoa". You'll learn to even feel compassion and not even use weapons at times (using the brain instead). Interesting book in the game to read if you can find all the chapters. Fantastic soundtrack as well, complete with mood music -- can be outright creepy at times. Fans are busy re-modelling and reskinning it to 2005 standards.

2. The Sims series. Yes it's cheesy, but it's an excellent way to learn 3D game modelling from -- even housewives are making 3D models and skinning them. Much simplier than the Unreal or Quake engine models to make objects for.

3. AOE series. I like stragedy games. Have to think ahead instead of just shooting. Then battling 3+ civilizations with mainly archers.

4. Homeworld I. Has a rich soundtrack by Nine Inch Nails and it didn't suffer from the multiplatform problems current games are going through (which divides the game design, and giving PC gamers substandard console style games). There is something about being in interstellar space that makes it sooooo creepy.

5. Morrowind. Still haven't finished the game! Takes a long time to cover the entire island and run all the sub-plots. It's has the largest RPG world offline, with the addon packs it opens up even another island and a capital city.

Chris
            "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
            is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
            ~~~
            Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Final Fantasy VIII..

I'm only choosing that one, cause I beleive it's my #1. Wasn't well-received, but I kind of understood it, and it reminds me a lot of life here (Without all the funny magic and weird whatsits). And I ALWAYS seem to lose the game! I've had it 3 times now, and now I need it again.

I can't find it anymore. I want to get it again.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisLM2001
                5. Morrowind. Still haven't finished the game! Takes a long time to cover the entire island and run all the sub-plots. It's has the largest RPG world offline, with the addon packs it opens up even another island and a capital city.

Chris
                morrowind for sure its one of my top favorites games, though it always crash in my pc :S (i tested in my bro pc and in my sister pc >.<), i wish i had xbox and morrowind *sigh*

Comment

Only PC games, had enough of the shoot-them-up Atari/Commodore days...

1. Deus Ex I (original game). A FPS+RPG hybrid with one of the most intriquing storylines in any game made. It can make you literally go, "whoa". You'll learn to even feel compassion and not even use weapons at times (using the brain instead). Interesting book in the game to read if you can find all the chapters. Fantastic soundtrack as well, complete with mood music -- can be outright creepy at times. Fans are busy re-modelling and reskinning it to 2005 standards.

2. The Sims series. Yes it's cheesy, but it's an excellent way to learn 3D game modelling from -- even housewives are making 3D models and skinning them. Much simplier than the Unreal or Quake engine models to make objects for.

3. AOE series. I like stragedy games. Have to think ahead instead of just shooting. Then battling 3+ civilizations with mainly archers.

4. Homeworld I. Has a rich soundtrack by Nine Inch Nails and it didn't suffer from the multiplatform problems current games are going through (which divides the game design, and giving PC gamers substandard console style games). There is something about being in interstellar space that makes it sooooo creepy.

Chris
                  NiN did the soundtrack to homeworld!?

that's one of the games that's been on my wish list for years. i want it even more now.

Comment

Kingdom Hearts Series
                    Final Fantasy VIII (8)
                    Zelda Series
                    Unreal Tournament 2004

That those are my favorites, in no particular order.

Comment

Actually, no. But Yes did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeworld
                      http://www.salon.com/tech/log/1999/1...rld/index.html

The GOTY edition has a full cheat book and a seperate soundtrack cd (same goes for the Deus Ex GOTY edition, which to me is the better soundtrack, very moody music that adds suspense and tension [play it out of the game a lot, especially working on web sites]. The music sequencing is also fantastic!).

Chris
                      "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
                      is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
                      ~~~
                      Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

ditto, aoe1 has been is still is my favourite game of all time. It involves alot of stragedy, especially playing online against other players. I've played that game for 4+ years and have never been sick of it. Reminds me of the good old playing days at zone.

Comment

Halo 2 - Although I die everytime I spawn..
                          Final Fantasy Series
                          Black and White - Computer game
                          Battlefield 1942 - Computer game
                          Fable - Ok, it was short.. just means I can beat it more.
                          Grand Theft Auto SanAndreas - Although I'm really bad, its funny dieing.. lol.
                          Gameshark - LOL jp

Comment

Madden 2005

Comment

Old skool console (NES):
                              - Super Mario 1, 2, and 3
                              - Zelda 1 and 2
                              - Blaster Master
                              - Megaman 1 and 3

New console (N64):
                              - Z64 Ocarina of Time

Old skool computer:
                              - Lemmings
                              - C and C (original)
                              - Escape Velocity (Mac shareware game)
                              - Warcraft 1

New computer games:
                              - WoW

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X