Mac Or PC - The Show Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac Or PC - The Show Down

Ok so if you like Macs then vote for Macs and then tell us why. Or if you like PCs then vote PC and give us info on why.

I like Macs. I am on a PC and I have done everything I can to minic the user interface. Maybe for my birthday i'll spare some money for an IMac.
    Mac
    29.35%
    PC
    64.13%
    Both
    6.52%

I'm a mac user because it suits me. I find that having things like Final Cut Pro, a UNIX terminal, a stunning interface, and good productivity workflow make the mac the right platform for me. The way the system works just seems so logical to me, while Windows does not.
    Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

PC simply because I can build my own machine, when MAC OS can be installed on a pc I build I will start using it. Short of building a MAC from old parts that is not possible atm, so I stick with windows.

Comment

I've wanted to get a Mac notebook, but the seemingly lack of software, apart from the main productivity software, is the main deterrant. I'd like to use the notebook to install interesting programs you find on Download.com for example, and most are Win only.
        - JavaScript Kit | CSS Drive | CodingForums.com | CodeTricks.com

Comment

I've never felt comfortable with a Mac, and they seem really expensive for no real reason other than cosmetics.

Comment

I favor both because each has their own fortÚs and weaknesses.

Mac -> Video/Graphics
            PC -> General Purpose, games.
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

In school I work on both Macs and PCs daily and although I like the way the Mac looks, I rather use the PC because of its general way of running. I wouldn't be able to enjoy using a Mac at home.. just my preferance.

Comment

Mac of course, can't stand windows at all.

Comment

Windows...I mean after all it is a COMPUTER. .

Mac is good for video editing but since I don't do much of that the windows os is better. Also the ability to build from scratch.

Comment

Workstations: Mac. Im using a Powerbook G4 and a Power Macintosh G5 for coding and working with our sites.

Server: Mac and PC. We use Xserve G5's and Power Macintosh G5's with Mac OS X Server (UNIX stability) and some HP Proliants (nice hardware).
                    http://www.mantaray.se/ | http://www.99.se/

Comment

Should have an option to vote for both. I use both.
                      Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

Originally posted by AWS
                        Agreed. They both have their advantages. I strongly prefer OS X to Windows (don't tell me Linux is good for desktop use...), but most of my applications won't run on OS X (and there are no compliments) and the hardware is far too expensive for me.
                        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

I voted for PC... There is simply no room in my budget for a Macintosh. Even their Mini-Macs are too expensive when you add in the options needed to make it worthwhile outside a cluster of several of them.

So I can build a top of the line PC for $1500 or buy a bottom of the line Macintosh and do nothing but email and web browsing on it since I don't have any Macintosh software.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                          I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by AWS
                            Me, too.
                            TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

I have both, and I sitll prefer windows overall to OSX, altho It really doesn't matter to me which one I use as long as it will do what I want it to.

There is no great and huge gaping benifit of one over the other.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X