No announcement yet.

Star Trek????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAS: The Animated Series. Some cartoon spinoff off TOS.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      Yep, as Icheb said TAS is The Animated Series from the 70's. See here for more info. Some of the stuff introduced in TAS later found it's way into the TOS movies and other Trek references. It had writers like Larry Niven so some of the episodes are pretty memorable.
      [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

And you called yourself a Trekkie and didn't know about the crappy animated series... sheesh.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Oh I knew about it, but I had never seen that acronym used.

Comment

Oh I knew about it, but I had never seen that acronym used.
            wasnt the premice of TAS that they got lost ? or am i getting TAS and Lost in space confuzzled ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Anime
              wasnt the premice of TAS that they got lost ? or am i getting TAS and Lost in space confuzzled ?
              Yeah, that was Lost In Space.... and also Voyager. TAS was simply the continuing voyages of the TOS crew after TOS ended.
              [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

Originally posted by KW802
                Yeah, that was Lost In Space.... and also Voyager. TAS was simply the continuing voyages of the TOS crew after TOS ended.
                isn't CRS a beautifull thing ?

Comment

Voyager ruined the concept of the Borg.

...hmm, how many Borg ships shall we destroy today, and what new shapes can we make them.
                  exactly my thoughts, but actually StarTrek 8 already ruined the concept of the Borg.

The changed the hive concept into a swarm concept, just so there is a "big evil" to kill.
                  The collective was good, but a swarm was boring, ruined the borg...
                  The price of freedom is eternal vigilance!
                  - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Swarm? I don't see the distinction.

Comment

I don't think Voyager ruined the concept of the Borg. Maybe in the end it appears to be destroyed, but the borg is a resilent group, and no doubt they will be back. If not, something else will fill the void...like Species 8472
                      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                        I don't think Voyager ruined the concept of the Borg. Maybe in the end it appears to be destroyed, but the borg is a resilent group, and no doubt they will be back. If not, something else will fill the void...like Species 8472
                        twards the end of voyager species 8472 and the voyager crew reached a sort of piece treaty.

i just wish voyagers end didnt depend on time travel and future tech to get home.

Comment

Swarm? I don't see the distinction.
                          With the collective, you have all borg making the decisions with one mind. With a swarm, you have one leader and everyone else follows. The borg queen did try to explain that they are still a collective even though she is the queen, but that never made sense to me .

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                          In my opinion, it did. In TNG, you have entire federation fleets destroyed by one cube and in VOY, you have the Delta Flyer fighting against a cube and all other sorts of borg ships and not loosing. It weakened them.

Comment

i think they were always led by a borg queen. even she refered to the borg as WE.

Comment

Originally posted by Icheb
                              With the collective, you have all borg making the decisions with one mind. With a swarm, you have one leader and everyone else follows. The borg queen did try to explain that they are still a collective even though she is the queen, but that never made sense to me .
                              Oh yeah.

Originally posted by Mike Anime
                              i think they were always led by a borg queen. even she refered to the borg as WE.
                              There was no queen when the Borg were first introduced. It was a p2p network with no central servers.

Comment

Gene never really went into complete depth on the history of the borg.
                                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X