Illegal to moderate a members posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illegal to moderate a members posts?

I put a member on post moderation because of breaking a rule several times and I have recieved a pm saying that she thinks that since the forum is "FREE" it's illegal..Here is exactly what she said:
    Well you do know that this is a FREE site and what you are doing by NOT posting my information is discrimination? Might want to look that one up! Because believe it or not whether its on the web or not...ITS ILLEGAL!
    Okay well for one I pay for my vB and the Gallery and she does not donate to me or my site so how is it that I cannot decide who to moderate?
    DOes this person seriously have a case>

Got a Boxer?
    BoxerTalk

Nope, They cannot claim freedom of speach as you are a private entity.

Ontop of that its your house, do as you want. I'd just ban them honestly

Comment

Not at all, I'd ban the member for being stupid enough to think they can scare me

MGM out

Comment

Recently a member of my site was making demands at me, and if they did not get their way they were going to leave. I told them I was going to run my site how I see fit, esp in the SPAM area of the forum ( I was editing stupid polls of one of our main spammers)

Comment

lmao...this is only the 3rd time she's pulled this..I really need to become tougher.

Got a Boxer?
          BoxerTalk

Comment

I let my staff do most of the day to day moderation, if I am contacted or need to do somthing, its going to be hell

Comment

One problem she is like on aol or something..how can I ban her w/out banning others?

Got a Boxer?
              BoxerTalk

Comment

Eh hem, miserable users.

Comment

gotcha and implemented

Got a Boxer?
                  BoxerTalk

Comment

reply to them with

*points and laughs*

and tell them to enjoy their posts that will be edited for the hell of it

Comment

Over the past few weeks I had someone that kept registering (AOL) in order to post spam for some sort of online store products.

They were relentless. Moderators would remove the posts and I would ban them...only to find them return the next day for another pile of posts. They all had the same content and the same link.

I love vbulletin variables. Don't you?

I set up variables for their link, their product, segments to replace what they posted with: This is a spam post. Please click REPORT THIS POST link.

Wah-la. No more from that spammer since then....
                      Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

If the problem is persistent enough, and you have sufficent evidence its the same user, you can contact AOL and ask them to terminate the user on their "spam" policy.
                        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                          If the problem is persistent enough, and you have sufficent evidence its the same user, you can contact AOL and ask them to terminate the user on their "spam" policy.
                          How can you do that I have a user like that. He comes back every 3-2 days after he is banned I cant get him to leave I try lookin on AOL for a link to report this but I could find any. can you tell me how

Comment

You'll need to contact AOL. See http://www.aol.com/copyright/rules.html
                            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

is it not in the terms and conditions when someone joins that the admin have the right to do what they like with peoples posts?

there is always someone trying to use the discrimination card dont fall for it like so many people do.
                              For all you game collectors

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X