• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cary
    replied
    Originally posted by Lumina
    A better place, hu?
    Is there any better place than life?
    How could ashes be better than anything else?
    Um, let's see. The Pope is now with our Creator in Heaven. (Even though I'm not Catholic, I believe that he is there now...) Surely that is much better than the life that we have here on Earth. I certainly know I would rather be there at any given time, rather than where I currently am. This world is not my home... I'm just passing through.

This is not meant to start a religious debate or anything, so let's not turn it into one, okay?
    Last edited by Cary; Mon 4th Apr '05, 12:11pm.

Leave a comment:

• Lumina
    replied
    I can only hope that what ever is beyond this life is of a better place and that he is there now.
    A better place, hu?
    Is there any better place than life?
    How could ashes be better than anything else?

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    Originally posted by Ionsurge
    I find it quite disturbing that they have put his body on display on international tv.
    Yeah, I have to agree with you on that one. It put me off my dinner this evening, seeing him being transported.

Leave a comment:

• CeleronXT
    replied
    Originally posted by eva01
    i can state what i want.

especially since catholicism is the religion with the most contradictions, in my opinion.

its my opinion.

my thinking on this is, Red Sox > Pope (opening day more important)
    I agree, the religion is filled with holes, but that does not at all detract from the fact that he was a great man.

Leave a comment:

• Odysseus
    replied
    Originally posted by Ionsurge
    I find it quite disturbing that they have put his body on display on international tv.
    It is a tradition to show the dead body of the Pope.
    I'm not sure if this has ever been done on TV, but TV is the main medium nowadays. The last pope died 25 years ago - times were different?

As far as I know, in the USA dead people are also dressed, prepared and shown to the guests of the burrial ceremony. I don't think that's such a big difference.

Leave a comment:

• mrlister
    replied
    I am by no means religious at all, and in my opinion he is just another person that died today from the hunders/thousands that die every day.

now if only we had TV reports on every single death.
    He's on TV because he's known by millions. A homeless person isn't. If the president died, do you think that would be on TV here in Canada? Can argue that. It's simply, if the person is famous, and they die, they will be on TV.

Leave a comment:

• Joseph777
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrew111888
    He's saying that your "I don't care, he's no better than a homeless person" attitude when John Paul II was the head of a church with over a billion followers and respected by millions who are not Catholic just after his death is intolerant and distasteful, which it is.
    Thank you Andrew.

That is EXACTLY what I am saying.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    eva, I am asking you to please refrain from further posting in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• eva01
    replied
    i can state what i want.

especially since catholicism is the religion with the most contradictions, in my opinion.

its my opinion.

my thinking on this is, Red Sox > Pope (opening day more important)

Leave a comment:

• Andrew111888
    replied
    He's saying that your "I don't care, he's no better than a homeless person" attitude when John Paul II was the head of a church with over a billion followers and respected by millions who are not Catholic just after his death is intolerant and distasteful, which it is.

Leave a comment:

• eva01
    replied
    Originally posted by Joseph777
    Although many may share this opinion, to state it at this time seems quite intolerant and distasteful...
    its my opinion i can state it if i wish.

would you believe it to be distasteful if i said that about a homeless person?

Leave a comment:

• Joseph777
    replied
    I am by no means religious at all, and in my opinion he is just another person that died today from the hunders/thousands that die every day.

now if only we had TV reports on every single death.
    Although many may share this opinion, to state it at this time seems quite intolerant and distasteful...

Leave a comment:

• Daniel P
    replied
    He had a major contribution to the fall of the Communist regime in Poland. Also, he was the first Pope to ever visit non-Catholic countries(like Romania, in the late 90s).
    RIP John Paul II

Leave a comment:

• Ionsurge
    replied

Leave a comment:

• patriotcow
    replied
    Sad to see somone die, doesnt bother me though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X