No announcement yet.

Sin City...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was much more symbolistic violence, but if it had been done in color and non comic booked it would have been a very gory movie.

Comment

I still have to see this movie, it sounds very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Vile

Yeah, the movie was based on the novels. IIRC, the movie was basically like 3 of the novels combined together.
        Actually it is based on a series of comic books released by Dark Horse comics. They have also released some compilations as graphic novels.

http://www.darkhorse.com/zones/sincity/index.php
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          Actually it is based on a series of comic books released by Dark Horse comics. They have also released some compilations as graphic novels.

http://www.darkhorse.com/zones/sincity/index.php
          Yes. That's what I said, just not as specific...

When i said novels, i was referring to the graphic novels (comics) by Frank Miller.
          And the movie combines multiple comics together (i.e. A Dame To Kill For, Yellow Bastard, etc)
          Webmaster / Administrator
          www.MegaGames.com
          www.MGForums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vile
            Yes. That's what I said, just not as specific...

When i said novels, i was referring to the graphic novels (comics) by Frank Miller.
            And the movie combines multiple comics together (i.e. A Dame To Kill For, Yellow Bastard, etc)
            Ahhh okay... I see a big difference between graphic novels and printed novels in how the story is portrayed. The later makes use of your imagination more but if properly done, the images in the former can make for a great story in a lot less words.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I so wanan see this but casn't cause of its R rating.-_-. Looks awesome. I mghit try to convince the parents that I should be allowed to go. They let me watch the Matrix Trilogy

Comment

ok i just have to laugh that your parents wouldn't let you see it.

it is a COMIC BOOk turned into a movie, that is just hilarious.

Comment

heh. But its rated R.

Comment

I want to see it to. My parents don't care what its rated, but the people at the theater do.

I'll probably sneak in some time next week. We'll go and ask for tickets to Robots hehe.

Comment

Just be careful, it can get you banned from a theater for over 6 months and I believe there is a fine assiciated with it.

Comment

I don't think their is any law against seeing an R rated movie when your 16. I think the only restrictions are NC-17

Comment

R:"Restricted, Under 17 Requires Accompanying Parent Or Adult Guardian."

Now.. don't quote me but I believe Adult Guardian is at least 21. (last time i bought tickets they didn't ask me. It was for hostage and I had 2 minors with me, course with my beard right now I do look like an old guy ^^)

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                            R:"Restricted, Under 17 Requires Accompanying Parent Or Adult Guardian."

Now.. don't quote me but I believe Adult Guardian is at least 21. (last time i bought tickets they didn't ask me. It was for hostage and I had 2 minors with me, course with my beard right now I do look like an old guy ^^)
                            21? I thought it was 18? I've taken my little brother to see some R-rated movies in the past and I'm only 18 (19 this month) and while I may look old, they do require to see my ID befor letting me in to see the movie...

MGM otu

Comment

Originally posted by MetalGearMaster
                              21? I thought it was 18? I've taken my little brother to see some R-rated movies in the past and I'm only 18 (19 this month) and while I may look old, they do require to see my ID befor letting me in to see the movie...

MGM otu
                              Enforcement of movie ratings is completely optional and dependant on the theater's internal policy. Some are a lot more lenient than others. It depends mainly on what they can get away with in the community.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                                How well does she tolerate voilence and nudiity? it gets fairly grafic at some point.
                                Maybe I should of added a couple of after that post.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X