No announcement yet.

Just fired my moderator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only moderators and admins that are associated with our board work for the company so they're easily made accountable. A few members have offered their services as moderators and I have told them thank you, but no.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph777
      You guys ever had to do this? It really stinks...

But as an administrator, we do like 99% of the work. And all we expect is a moderator to do the other 1% of the work. Watching registrations, encouraging people to follow the rules, and encouraging posting. This guy swore up and down he would do all of this, and he did nothing from day 1. Pretty sad. I finally had enough.

You guys got any stories about firing your moderators?

not at all bad.. read more suggestions related to managing your community/issues within your community here:
      www.theadminzone.com
      TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

lol @ san-deep, I would say that was a perfect time and place to put that link in.

And yes, TaZ is a great admin resource.

Sad to say I still hve the same staff I had when I took over the board I run. then again, it's a really close group of people on a rather inactive forum.

Comment

lol @ san-deep, I would say that was a perfect time and place to put that link in.

And yes, TaZ is a great admin resource.
          Thanks
          Whats your forums ID on TAZ ?
          TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

Originally posted by SaN-DeeP
            Thanks
            Whats your forums ID on TAZ ?
            I know lack of sleep is causing this. I has to read that like 3 times before i got what you ment.

Same SN as here.

Comment

Heh, I just quit the forum I adminned at last night.It was fun in the begining, doing my job. But then the owner did all this gay crap, like everytime I installed a hack, he crashed the database and reverted things. Then when I complained about something, he usually put a page delay thingy on my account, and then ban me for forty-five minutes, I've finally had it, and resigned, along with the other administrator....If you want I could make a list of the crap the owner pulled daily.

Comment

From 2002 till a few weeks ago i've fired 3 admins and 6 moderators. Most of the time they would "try" over powering me, but the found out the hard way they wouldn't be getting away with it. It's not something I like to do, but sometimes it must be done.
                Student Zone - A community for students

Comment

It really sucks. We had to fire 5 moderators because they were doing absolutely nothing. Just posting like they did before. Now we have some new ones but we are doing like 95% of the work, another super mod 4% and all the others together like 1%. I can't understand why people want to be mods if they are going to behave like they did before and not even split a single topic. It's sad

Comment

My moderators are my friends, and I don't pay them so I can't fire them LOL The rule of thumb on my forum is to keep everything civilized, and admins/mods are peace keepers so we avoid taking sides. I had one of my moderators left the board, he didn't agree to the rules I set. That's okay with me. It's hard to explain to your mods on what to do in every situation, I just set a few basic guidelines for them to run the board with. So far, they seem to be okay since we're still small...
                    So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

I've never had to fire anybody although I've had one or two resign. I've basically had the same set of mods and supermods for over a year now.
                      House of Night Forums - An online House of Night roleplaying community,

Comment

I have a really good moderator horror story.

I hired this one guy when I had my first vB install up and he was so awful. He was attacking the members, and belittling them and all this. It was so horrible, and I really wished I could have seen the signs before hand.

This guy was fired, and now, he hacks my server on a continuous basis. However, I found out how he operates and I have taken him down to size.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X