Just fired my moderator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just fired my moderator

You guys ever had to do this? It really stinks...

But as an administrator, we do like 99% of the work. And all we expect is a moderator to do the other 1% of the work. Watching registrations, encouraging people to follow the rules, and encouraging posting. This guy swore up and down he would do all of this, and he did nothing from day 1. Pretty sad. I finally had enough.

You guys got any stories about firing your moderators?

why hire a person if he isn't going to do anything O_o

Comment

Originally posted by eva01
      why hire a person if he isn't going to do anything O_o
      Well, he was all "gung-ho" as a member. Like totally involved in the forums and development and everything.

But as soon as he got a title, it went downhill and never came back up again...

It's a shame...

Comment

That's happened with several great members of mine...

I've removed 5-6 moderators in recent months, one even one who I visited last summer for a week.

I hate having to do it.

On the other hand one I just left for two years and she eventually came back and is really active now.
        Photography :: Bird Information and Help

Comment

I had to kick a fellow admin before. I wsa also kicked from my admin spot at one board and thats a lnog controversial subject that I won't delve into.

Anyways this guy wsa really cool and still is. Said he'd help with grphics but jasust didn't.

Comment

I had to fire a super moderator once... she was a friend of mine but sided with a member and lost all sense of objectivity. We spent two weeks trying to straighten it out first, but then I stepped in and said enough was enough and handled the dirty work myself. (I was the least involved, my partners were more heavily involved and we thought my handling would be the best, but it was hard) She left a few weeks later and I haven't heard back since.

We fired another moderator who wasn't doing a very good job, but I had nothing to do with that (having delegated it to my partner and the admin team). He's still involved on the forum.

Those are the only two people who've been fired, and the only ones that have left on bad terms. Not too bad considering we've probably rotated over 100 people in and out of our ranks in the last two years.
            TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

Originally posted by Punktek
              I had to kick a fellow admin before. I wsa also kicked from my admin spot at one board and thats a lnog controversial subject that I won't delve into.

Anyways this guy wsa really cool and still is. Said he'd help with grphics but jasust didn't.

I had to fire 4 admins at once before and I've lost plenty of mods in the past due to inactivity and what-not. Now I'm a bit more strict in choosing my mods

MGM out

Comment

Helping out with a very serious forum, where a sense of control and authority is crucial, I have to fire people here and there, when they do not perform to task.

To tell you the truth, the site is not mine, and I guess I do not take it passionatly as if it were mine, so the only fun I get is in firing people here and there

Comment

Gonna happen alot if your site gets big

Comment

i would need members to post to need even one mod

Comment

I've seen that as well, where a busy member gets the job, and then just fails to get involved from that point on. I wonder if it's performance anxiety, as in thinking that now that they are a mod, people are watching them?

We had one that was promoted, and stopped posting almost entirely...then after a few months went on to make his own board instead, where he's admin...with almost no members. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by wbear
                        We had one that was promoted, and stopped posting almost entirely...then after a few months went on to make his own board instead, where he's admin...with almost no members. Go figure.
                        i'de call that one karma

Comment

Originally posted by wbear
                          That's exactly what this guy did. He used to message me with ideas for promotions, and ideas for forums, and all sorts of stuff. He helped me design the styles and develop the rules. He posted usually like ten posts a day. Then, LITERALLY, the second he became a mod. He did nothing and disappeared. What a jerkoff (for lack of a better term)

God, I hate people sometimes...

Comment

Dunno about you guys but haven't you met anyone that have a wannabe hacker actitude >_<, there was a guy.. he was a moderator on my forum, i removed and banned him because he only posted cuss words and not doing any good, so he pmed me in AIM saying he going to hdpk(hard disk pro killer) me, so i told him "ok, go ahead i wait" then blocked him. he didn't even scanned my ports O_o *stupid wannabe hackers -_-*

Comment

even when i have to go offline i mention that fact to the admins of the forums i mod.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X