Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixed width vs Full screen styles - Can someone explain the +/-?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting poster the the background Kier...

How do you use all three anyway? I see two keyboards... is there another mouse hidden somewhere? They're all connected to one computer, right?
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

All three are connected to my PC (two to an AGP card, one to a PCI card).

The other keyboard is for the Mac Mini you can see on the desk - which is also connected to the left monitor.

Comment

Impressed.

In your spare time, can you add a HowTo on keeping a desk that organized?
        L'chaim

Comment

Originally posted by Kier
          All three are connected to my PC (two to an AGP card, one to a PCI card).

The other keyboard is for the Mac Mini you can see on the desk - which is also connected to the left monitor.
          I see what looks to be one of those 3M digital whiteboards, a wacom tablet, a lava lamp, a video capture box (?), a wireless mouse cradle, and what appears to be a Bluetooth handsfree headset. Care to identify everything on your desk?
          :)

Comment

Yeah quacked and it is liquid, just made to look like its not liquid. Its 80%.

Comment

Originally posted by patriotcow
              Yeah quacked and it is liquid, just made to look like its not liquid. Its 80%.
              Your forums are not liquid.

Comment

Main site!

Comment

awesome screen setup

At $400 a pop, just your screen real estate is worth about $1200 here.
                  This naturally is not just a developer's desk anymore... this is a true computer geek's pad. Complete with the customary coffee cup and empty plate

Comment

Originally posted by Polinco
                    At $400 a pop, just your screen real estate is worth about $1200 here.
                    This naturally is not just a developer's desk anymore... this is a true computer geek's pad. Complete with the customary coffee cup and empty plate
                    Point taken, except that:
                    1. I live in the UK, so in dollar terms the Dell 2001FP costs around $700
                    2. Only two of those screens are 2001FPs - the other is a Dell 2405FPW, which costs a lot more than $400 any way you look at it

Comment

Originally posted by patriotcow
                      Main site!
                      Okay, here's your grab... are you sure it's supposed to look like that? It looks a bit broken to me...

The same wierd effect appears in both IE and Firefox.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Mine doesn't have the weird bars to the left.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel
                          I see what looks to be one of those 3M digital whiteboards, a wacom tablet, a lava lamp, a video capture box (?), a wireless mouse cradle, and what appears to be a Bluetooth handsfree headset. Care to identify everything on your desk?
                          Almost right...

You correctly identified the wacom tablet, the lava lamp and the wireless mouse cradle, though what you missed was:
                          • Sandisk 8-in-1 card reader
                          • Infrared module
                          • Mac Mini

Comment

Almost right...

You correctly identified the wacom tablet, the lava lamp and the wireless mouse cradle, though what you missed was:
                            • Sandisk 8-in-1 card reader
                            • Infrared module
                            • Mac Mini
                            Ah, so that's what the little thing was, an infrared module. It looked suspiciously like one of those wireless mouse hubs (the ones with the on-board battery charger), but didn't want to say that since you've got a mouse setup already and I figured you've got some sort of KVM switching going on.

Comment

Point taken, except that:
                              1. I live in the UK, so in dollar terms the Dell 2001FP costs around $700
                              2. Only two of those screens are 2001FPs - the other is a Dell 2405FPW, which costs a lot more than $400 any way you look at it
                              $470 on ebay for the 2405fpw =) Just picked one up for myself... god damn this thing is awesome. I haven't found a single non-functioning pixel yet.

BTW there's an awesome program called synergy that will allow you to share a single keyboard and mouse across multiple computers. It's cross-platform, works on linux, bsd, mac and windows. I simply mouse-over to a new monitor, and the keyboard and mouse focus follow.

Comment

Horrible:
                                [IMG]attachment.php?attachmentid=15172&thumb=1&d=1120856395[/IMG]

Can I get your opinion on why this is horrible? I have 2005FPW and find myself browsing forums at 1680x1050 when not watching a movie or chatting simultaneously.
                                Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X