Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1,000 members! How long did it take you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

339 more to go
    That's the end of that!

Comment

My newest site opened the end of October and has 12,000+ members and 324482 posts as of this message. We didn't start out on Vbulletin but needless to say with a board that is going that well I am converting my license over from a basically dead site (maybe 5 visitors a day) to this site.
      Thanks,
      Karri

Comment

My site started in August 2002, has about 880+ members now, 2700 threads and 39,000 posts. It's a local site so I don't expect it to grow that big, just hope to keep it active enough
        So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

sigh.. still a long way to go, just only 366 registered users, however opened since APR 05. www.hubbing.sg pls give some comments as well. Thx

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase
            339 more to go
            281 to go
            That's the end of that!

Comment

Hmm... my site now has 1031... took it long enough LOL
              So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

BF2.com has been up for around 2 or 3 weeks and its coming up on 2,000

Comment

www.twitforums.com just opened a month ago and is dead. Really needs people to post. It's about This Week in Tech and the old TechTV gang.

Comment

This isnt really a place to advertise your forum saying your need posts or people to sign up..

Comment

I started out over a year ago using IPB, then switched to vB. It ran for almost the whole year, then crashed twice. I am once again using IPB, until vB 3.5 is out, but at no time did I ever have more than 350 users and just over 20K posts. What am I doing wrong? I've advertised, held contests with material prizes, gave incentives for usergroup interaction, button exchanges and so on. Other boards of the same genre have well over a million posts and thousands of members.
                      House of Night Forums - An online House of Night roleplaying community,

Comment

Constantly updating content is the key to today's short attention span society

Comment

What if it's all discussion based on movies, books and some roleplay. There isn't any 'content' to add that the members themselves do no create?

Comment

There are plenty of content to contribute. If you are a user on a movies and books forum, what do you want to see? Go out and find content for your users. It has to be constantly updating to keep users coming back. If you can't think of what to put there for your users, I don't know what to say. There are possibly million of forums out there, and only a bunch are sucessful because they're unique and constantly changing.

Comment

Well, it's a Harry Potter forum only. No static anything. There are roleplaying forums, general discsusion forums, and dedicated house forums so members who play virtual quidditch can formulate house strategies privately. Since we aren't a "news" site, there truly ISN'T anything that I can just go out and 'find'. Maybe the internet is just too saturated with my topic for anything at all to make a difference.

Comment

my forums are yet to reach 1k members (only recently got to 500) and we have been running for over a year..... but member count isn't all that important, my current members pump out over 100 posts each and every day, which helps the activity and such
                                Unlike most, I don't think I'm always right, if I'm wrong, CORRECT me.... providing you have some evidence

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X