WOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW!

FanHome.com gets a nice, humurous blurb and mention in SITE UNSEEN section of Page 40 in the latest April 16th issue of ESPN the Magazine, which features "The Great One" Mario Lemieux" on the cover.

"Site Unseen - Fanning the Flames"
    The latest annoying dot-com buzz word is "user created content." Translation: We just laid everybody off -- you do the work. Fanhome.com has no news, stats or photos. But who needs "content" hen you've got discussions like "Food that you love but others find disgusting" Who cares about 'leveraging eyeballs' and 'stickiness' when you can dream up NHL team names you'd like to see? (Top three on the board: Seattle Armada, Portland Trailfreezers and the New York Teamthatpaysalotforoverratedplayerspasttheirprime)
    Whether you want to talk rasslin', minor-league baseball or whether Joe Sakic looked cuter in that Quebec Nordiques Uniform, chances are good you'll find someone here with a willing ear. Good but not certain. Truth be told, the Brewers forum ain't all that crowded.

If anyone has a scanner and wouldn't mind scanning that page for me I'd appreciate it!!
    Matt
    Sybase DBA / PHP fanatic
    Sybase v. MySQL v. Oracle | Why I don't like MySQL | Download Sybase TODAY! | Visit DBForums.com!

LOL, I always thought Kevin and the rest of your crew had it too easy .

-jim

Comment

That's pretty cool! I saw the blurb, but never made the connection. Congratulations!
      Jordan Gadd
      Contact Information

Comment

Originally posted by JimF
        LOL, I always thought Kevin and the rest of your crew had it too easy .

-jim
        LOL. If you see the monthly server /bandwidth bills maybe not!

And definitly not if you see the amount we bring in each month in relation to the amount we spend!!

Thanks Jordan, from what I hear it's pretty small (around here we're still on the previous edition so I can't check).
        Matt
        Sybase DBA / PHP fanatic
        Sybase v. MySQL v. Oracle | Why I don't like MySQL | Download Sybase TODAY! | Visit DBForums.com!

Comment

Nice
          Congrats

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X