Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had any luck getting paypal to answer from their contact form?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zonex
    replied
    yeah i said i was done but i finally got one!!
    6 days later i get my one and only reply out of a the 4 or 5 ive sent in
    i wish i new ur secrets for getting them the next morning and stuff :/

Maybe some of u lucky ones can help me out and send the attached question in and post the reply here.
    I'm going on 3 weeks trying to get this answered. I need it in writing for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Zonex; Fri 27 May '05, 8:19pm.

Leave a comment:

• Zonex
    replied
    Originally posted by tgillespie
    Just yesterday I submited a question about payment and I had a helpful response in my box this morning. The first paragraph was obviously typed by someone, but the second two were directly from their FAQ. Paypal does piss me off at times, but in the end it usually turns out ok. I just wish they had a more personal claims department.
    I did a test of sorts

The same day u submitted a question, March 17th, I also submitted a question
    I did so as prospective customer since I closed my account (the same contact form system is available even if you dont have a paypal account)
    I had 2 of my members do the same. They have paypal accounts.
    All 3 questions where submitted at the same time. The question was very generic and was the same on each except for wording so that they would not be identical.

Here are the results...
    Question sent in March 17th. Today is the 20th.
    I have not recieved a response yet.
    Member 1 has not recieved a response yet.
    Member 2 has not recieved a response yet.

I guess you fall into 2 categories. The lucky ones that have posted here and have gotten responses and the unlucky ones like myself and my 2 members that dont. Maybe their software has a glitch and drops messages here and there?

Guess I have beaten this topic to death so I'm done.
    Thanks for ur replies

Leave a comment:

• tgillespie
    replied
    Just yesterday I submited a question about payment and I had a helpful response in my box this morning. The first paragraph was obviously typed by someone, but the second two were directly from their FAQ. Paypal does piss me off at times, but in the end it usually turns out ok. I just wish they had a more personal claims department.

Leave a comment:

• MrNase
    replied
    Originally posted by Vile
    There responses to my questions are usually very specific, and help out a lot. And they usually reply to my emails in 24 hours as well.
    That's what I have experienced too

Leave a comment:

• Zonex
    replied
    this is funny, i close my account and only now do i get a response to only 1 of my 4 contacts. my email removed for privacy

Received: from paypaltech.com (localhost [127.0.0.1])
    by host28.the-web-host.com (8.12.10/8.12.9) with ESMTP id j2I1rcpp009682
    for Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:53:38 -0500
    To:
    Subject: Re: ATTN: Matt
    Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:53:38 -0500
    Message-Id: <[email protected]>
    In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
    References: <[email protected]>
    X-Mailer: Open WebMail 1.81 20021127
    X-OriginatingIP: 216.113.168.139 (example)
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1

I do apologize for the delay in response on this issue. Since we last spoke
    this issue has been escalated to our engineer team and they are currently
    researching the problem. I do apologize for the inconvenience this is causing
    you. There is no specific timeframe for the resolution but please be aware
    that it is currently being worked on.

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:27:58 -0500, wrote
    > Any word on this? It's been a couple of weeks now.
    >
    > ----- Original Message -----
    > From:
    > To: <[email protected]>
    > Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 10:06 PM
    > Subject: ATTN: Matt
    >
    > > Hi Matt,
    > >
    > > I've attached a few of the emails and how they differ. It seems that on
    > > about the 12 of feb they stopped coming with the details in the subject
    > > line.
    <snip>
    It shouldnt take a 2nd email for simple acknowlegment. Once Matt looked at it and saw it needed further investigation he should have replied. Not wait for me to ask what the story was.

take jelsoft's similar contact form system located in the members area
    ive sent in a few questions/requests and have never had to wait more than a couple of hours for a response
    i think they even have a clock on there showing the average response time at the moment
    thats how you run a business!
    Last edited by Zonex; Fri 18 Mar '05, 3:14am.

Leave a comment:

• Vile
    replied
    Originally posted by golfer adam
    You are a lucky person trust me.
    I must be another lucky person then.

Leave a comment:

• Lacrosse Boy
    replied
    Originally posted by filburt1
    I read a story a while ago of a user who had an account frozen with tens of thousands of dollars in it
    That wouldn't have been Solomon Tulbure, aka vb3dev.com by any change, would it? I remember him ranting about PayPal and spamming his site.

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    Originally posted by golfer adam
    I'm not sure about that. I have met many people online who, like me, have not had any problems.

I read a story a while ago of a user who had an account frozen with tens of thousands of dollars in it--but I would transfer the money into an actual bank account instead of leaving that much in an online service.

Originally posted by Zonex
    how would you feel if one of their customer service reps hung up on you in midsentence filiburt1? would you still feel the same about them?
    First, it's filburt1. Second, I have never had a customer support rep for any company hang up on me (maybe you were disconnected if it was truly mid-sentence). Even if they did, I would have known the rep's name and immediately called back and talked to a supervisor.

Remember, these are just my opinions and experiences. I'm not discounting those who have had worse experiences with PayPal, but I have not had any major problems.

Leave a comment:

• Lenni
    replied
    they froze my account. so i went with some other, better (a little bit more expensive) cc processor which replies within hours.

Leave a comment:

• Zonex
    replied
    i think paypalsucks.com is a bit overblown myself and i dont buy all that's posted there
    but just because someone hasnt had a major problem with them doesnt make them saints

they treated me like total **** and if it happened to me im sure it happens to many others
    maybe its on 5 or 10 percent of their base that has problems but in my opinion thats way too many

how would you feel if one of their customer service reps hung up on you in midsentence filiburt1? would you still feel the same about them?

3 weeks and counting is insanity to get a response let alone having someone be rude and hang up on you

Leave a comment:

• golfer adam
    replied
    Originally posted by filburt1
    Speak for yourself. I haven't had any major problems with PayPal.

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    Originally posted by AtlantisService
    PaypalSucks.com is your friend

I have had nothing but trouble with them in the past & I have seen nothing but trouble brought upon others because of them. You're better off going with another pay system or just take checks and money orders.
    Speak for yourself. I haven't had any major problems with PayPal.

Leave a comment:

• AtlantisService
    replied
    PaypalSucks.com is your friend

I have had nothing but trouble with them in the past & I have seen nothing but trouble brought upon others because of them. You're better off going with another pay system or just take checks and money orders.

Leave a comment:

• Zonex
    replied
    very very strange, i just called them, spent 20 peak time cell phone minutes only to be greeted by a very rude person called peggy that started to make excuses like they are a bit backed up and it might take a bit longer than a day or 2
    so i mentioned weeks and busted her lies
    she hung up on me in mid sentence after that because she new i had them
    needless to say, i closed my account

Leave a comment:

• Vile
    replied
    There responses to my questions are usually very specific, and help out a lot. And they usually reply to my emails in 24 hours as well.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X