Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had any luck getting paypal to answer from their contact form?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had any luck getting paypal to answer from their contact form?

Once u submit a contact form, it says someone will respond shortly. Shortly? I presume they use the same definition as everyone else. Perhaps a few hours or a couple of days at the most.

I've sent in 3 and wound up calling them after a week with no response. The guy I called said to email him some info. That was over 2 weeks ago. No response yet!

I sent in another simple question a few days ago and still don't have an answer.

I'm curious if anyone here has had success getting a response from their contact forms. If you have, how long did it take?

Yes, but their e-mail replies are generally not very helpful and quote their FAQ, and take about a day to receive. I prefer calling them for most matters, where the opposite is true in that they have very low hold times and provide more effective answers.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

thats weird, wonder why u get them in a day and i so far havent got a single response
      the question i was looking to get answered isnt in in their faqs so perhaps thats the difference between ur experience and mine

Comment

There responses to my questions are usually very specific, and help out a lot. And they usually reply to my emails in 24 hours as well.
        Webmaster / Administrator
        www.MegaGames.com
        www.MGForums.com

Comment

very very strange, i just called them, spent 20 peak time cell phone minutes only to be greeted by a very rude person called peggy that started to make excuses like they are a bit backed up and it might take a bit longer than a day or 2
          so i mentioned weeks and busted her lies
          she hung up on me in mid sentence after that because she new i had them
          needless to say, i closed my account

Comment

PaypalSucks.com is your friend

I have had nothing but trouble with them in the past & I have seen nothing but trouble brought upon others because of them. You're better off going with another pay system or just take checks and money orders.

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisService
              PaypalSucks.com is your friend

I have had nothing but trouble with them in the past & I have seen nothing but trouble brought upon others because of them. You're better off going with another pay system or just take checks and money orders.
              Speak for yourself. I haven't had any major problems with PayPal.

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                Speak for yourself. I haven't had any major problems with PayPal.
                You are a lucky person trust me.

Comment

i think paypalsucks.com is a bit overblown myself and i dont buy all that's posted there
                  but just because someone hasnt had a major problem with them doesnt make them saints

they treated me like total **** and if it happened to me im sure it happens to many others
                  maybe its on 5 or 10 percent of their base that has problems but in my opinion thats way too many

how would you feel if one of their customer service reps hung up on you in midsentence filiburt1? would you still feel the same about them?

3 weeks and counting is insanity to get a response let alone having someone be rude and hang up on you

Comment

they froze my account. so i went with some other, better (a little bit more expensive) cc processor which replies within hours.
                    selling kawaiiNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by golfer adam
                      I'm not sure about that. I have met many people online who, like me, have not had any problems.

I read a story a while ago of a user who had an account frozen with tens of thousands of dollars in it--but I would transfer the money into an actual bank account instead of leaving that much in an online service.

Originally posted by Zonex
                      how would you feel if one of their customer service reps hung up on you in midsentence filiburt1? would you still feel the same about them?
                      First, it's filburt1. Second, I have never had a customer support rep for any company hang up on me (maybe you were disconnected if it was truly mid-sentence). Even if they did, I would have known the rep's name and immediately called back and talked to a supervisor.

Remember, these are just my opinions and experiences. I'm not discounting those who have had worse experiences with PayPal, but I have not had any major problems.

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                        I read a story a while ago of a user who had an account frozen with tens of thousands of dollars in it
                        That wouldn't have been Solomon Tulbure, aka vb3dev.com by any change, would it? I remember him ranting about PayPal and spamming his site.
                        | DiscBurn | CD & DVD Replication services, film and VHS to DVD, and duplication equipment
                        |
                        Disc On Demand | Short-run CD & DVD duplication... all online.

Comment

Originally posted by golfer adam
                          I must be another lucky person then.
                          Webmaster / Administrator
                          www.MegaGames.com
                          www.MGForums.com

Comment

this is funny, i close my account and only now do i get a response to only 1 of my 4 contacts. my email removed for privacy

Received: from paypaltech.com (localhost [127.0.0.1])
                            by host28.the-web-host.com (8.12.10/8.12.9) with ESMTP id j2I1rcpp009682
                            for Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:53:38 -0500
                            To:
                            Subject: Re: ATTN: Matt
                            Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:53:38 -0500
                            Message-Id: <[email protected]>
                            In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
                            References: <[email protected]>
                            X-Mailer: Open WebMail 1.81 20021127
                            X-OriginatingIP: 216.113.168.139 (example)
                            MIME-Version: 1.0
                            Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1

I do apologize for the delay in response on this issue. Since we last spoke
                            this issue has been escalated to our engineer team and they are currently
                            researching the problem. I do apologize for the inconvenience this is causing
                            you. There is no specific timeframe for the resolution but please be aware
                            that it is currently being worked on.

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:27:58 -0500, wrote
                            > Any word on this? It's been a couple of weeks now.
                            >
                            > ----- Original Message -----
                            > From:
                            > To: <[email protected]>
                            > Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 10:06 PM
                            > Subject: ATTN: Matt
                            >
                            > > Hi Matt,
                            > >
                            > > I've attached a few of the emails and how they differ. It seems that on
                            > > about the 12 of feb they stopped coming with the details in the subject
                            > > line.
                            <snip>
                            It shouldnt take a 2nd email for simple acknowlegment. Once Matt looked at it and saw it needed further investigation he should have replied. Not wait for me to ask what the story was.

take jelsoft's similar contact form system located in the members area
                            ive sent in a few questions/requests and have never had to wait more than a couple of hours for a response
                            i think they even have a clock on there showing the average response time at the moment
                            thats how you run a business!
                            Last edited by Zonex; Fri 18 Mar '05, 3:14am.

Comment

Originally posted by Vile
                              There responses to my questions are usually very specific, and help out a lot. And they usually reply to my emails in 24 hours as well.
                              That's what I have experienced too
                              That's the end of that!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X