Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop keyboards in other languages?

Hi everyone,

I was thinking of purchasing a laptop here in the US -- however, I am wanting a Swedish keyboard system.

It's easy to buy a new laptop keyboard, but obviously in my case it's not this simple -- a lot of keys are in different locations (and there are three letters that the US keyboards don't have), which would mean there'd be configuration changes or something in the computer itself.

Any ideas on what I could do? I don't want to buy a laptop from Sweden and import it, as that'd be very expensive.

Thanks!
    Photography :: Bird Information and Help

You may be able to find stickers with Swedish keys that you can stick on the keys for your laptop that will let you have the equivolent of a Swedish keyboard paired with some software. Actually, it might even be built into Windows. Try going to Control Panel > Regional and Language Options. I have a friend who's Dad has done something similar with Russian (Cyrillic) letters on a US keyboard.
    MTG Salvation.com | Forums

Comment

Also, on some keyboards you can just pull on the keys and they come out, so you can switch the keys that are in a different place. For the additional keys, use stickers, like Darth Cow said.

And yes, you can change the settings in Windows.
      Best Regards
      Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Duh, I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thanks.

One more thing -- how could I change the actual language of Windows (menus, etc)? I tried the "language for non-unicode programs" thing, but it wants a windows CD, and without one nothing changed.

Comment

Wouldn't it just be:
          Control Panel > Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options (or something of the sort) > Regional and Language Options > Select the language you want in to the drop down menu.

Comment

Even if I change everything there away from English, the language of the menus and all still stays as English.

I have a Windows XP upgrade CD somewhere...maybe if I stick that in when it prompts for the XP CD it might work then. Will have to find it sometime...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X