The bronchitis is KILLING me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bronchitis is KILLING me

I've been to the doctor today. After 5 hours of waiting he told me something about a bronchitis. I got some medicine and was send home with the advice to stay in bed.

Good god my cough won't let my sleep. It's 2 in morning here

What about you? Has the flu epidemic already reached you? My whole familie is ill and so are all of my friends and the I guess the whole country

edit:

I think the medicine causes some sort of delusions.. For one second I thought vB 3.0.8 was out
    That's the end of that!

Drink lots of warm fluids
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I hope you feel better, but I don't suppose waiting 5 hours for a doctor would help.

It hasn't reach me yet, however my throat has been rather swollen recently...

Comment

Keep a spit bucket by the bed so you don't have to run to the bathroom everytime you cough something up. As for the cough let it come, your lungs are just trying to clear themselves up

If you can drink some hot honey tea, that always made me feel better when I had bronchitis. What exactly did the doctor give you? I ussally get a something to attack the bronchitis and a second pill to make my lungs produce more fluids, that helps you clear more stuff out when you cough because the extra water helps break up the junk.

Comment

make sure you don't get pneumonia from it, which you can get and die

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.loo
            Keep a spit bucket by the bed so you don't have to run to the bathroom everytime you cough something up. As for the cough let it come, your lungs are just trying to clear themselves up

If you can drink some hot honey tea, that always made me feel better when I had bronchitis. What exactly did the doctor give you? I ussally get a something to attack the bronchitis and a second pill to make my lungs produce more fluids, that helps you clear more stuff out when you cough because the extra water helps break up the junk.
            I got some cough tablets and some antibiotic and the bronchitis seems to be gone but now my head is like exploding and I have a temperature.

Thanks for your kind words. Now my laptop is sitting next to my bed which makes me feel a bit better. My girlfriend is coming over tomorrow and I hope I can attend school on friday because I have to write a test in psychology for my high school graduate.
            That's the end of that!

Comment

Don't stop taking you antibiotics just because you think its gone. Most of the time the doctor will tell you to finish the bottle. I had the same problem as you, it moved into my head I think mine was a sinus infection as a result from the bronchitis, the antibotics nocked that out tho.

Anyway, try to rest and give you body some time to heal itself and get totally over it. Good to hear your feeling better.

Comment

BTW, don't take advice some people on the internet unless you trust them! And even then always double check with your family doctor, if he can't answer a question he will turn you over to someone who can.

I am by no means a doctor, but I try to look into a condition as much as I can when I get it or a family member dose. I recomend you buy a guide book to medication, everyone should have one.

Anyway the doctor gives me or someone I know new meds I look it up in my book. This way everyone is sure of what they are taking and know when to call the doctor if need be. The one I have also lists drugs that you should'nt mix and has pictures of everything made up to 1997.

I really need a new copy but I can't find one as good as I have. BTW I picked mine up for $4 at a country gas station. It costs ALOT more money to print this book then what I paid for it. The title of mine is 'Complete Drug Reference' and I think it was put out by consumer reports but I am not sure. Its almost 1800 pages long . It lists everything from prescriptions, over the counter, and ilegal drugs.

Again I recomend these books to everyone, with all the stuff we take today its so easy to mix to things togther and harms oneself. I have seen doctors prescribe medicines that you are'nt supposed to mix at the same time.

Comment

When I start feeling sick I just drink a gallon of water, go to sleep, wake up 10 hours later and run to the bathroom. Works every time. I haven't been really sick for a long time.

Comment

I drink a cup of tea everyday and I usually dont get sick. When I do feel slightly under the weather, hot tea with honey and lemon does the trick.
                    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

I've had my case of bronchitis for the year already.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X