Forum posting incentives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum posting incentives?

does anyone here offer incentives to post for their forum members?

something like "$10 via paypal for the first to 100 posts" or something similar...obviously you would have to specify that <10 word posts didn't count, or whatever.

What other incentives could you offer or do you offer?

ps...talking about a new forum here.

I don't know anyone that desperate for users.

Comment

adwords will also bring you much visitors -> more posts ... but it's very pricey

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisService
        I don't know anyone that desperate for users.
        well for me, it's not desparate...it's actually quite smart thinking.

Let's say you offer $20 for the first member to one hundred "real" posts.

You pay out twenty bucks for those hundred posts, but then the other 20 members who "participate" will get you another 1000-1500 posts too.

twenty dollars spent for 1500 posts...

Comment

I tried that once, it really didn't help. I offered $100 to the 100th person to join. I think after 4 months I just ended it and pulled the offer with something like 87 members.
          http://www.icecreamforum.com

Comment

Well this situation is differnt then offering money for signing up. Your way you are counting on new members to reg simply because of the contest, they could never return if they don't win, or the one that wins could run with your money and never post.

The thread starter is on to something I think. Asuming he has a few active members already. At least this way you will get something for your cash, instead of a few members that never post. Its also very possible by the time someone reaches 100 posts they will remain part of the community.

If you do this please let me know how it turns out.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X