A vBulletin site Defaced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A vBulletin site Defaced?

I was looking at vBulletin of the Month page and found this site http://www.forum-forum.com/forum/index.php with a 'defaced message' page telling that 'your site isnt secure enough'. 'Your site' means the vBulletin software they're using...

Anyone have any thought on this?

Probably using an old version...

Comment

Originally posted by Sn2
      Probably using an old version...
      or insecure hack
      TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

or phpbb install on your server (2.0.10 and below)
        http://helpmegetamac.net/blackapple.gif MacBook Pro 15.4" Core2Duo 2.33GHz.

Comment

Considering the amount of services running

'Your Site' - Doesn't mean that vBulletin's Software is insecure, any type of service could of been vulnerable, allowing the attacker to gain root.
          Computer Networking Forums
          www.unlocked-networks.com

Comment

Or it could have been compromised a number a ways. Just because vBulletin is on the server dos'nt mean its the weak link in the chain when the box is cracked.

Comment

Now it seems to be up for sale.

Comment

http://www.forum-forum.com/ - Last modified: 8/21/04
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Shame I remember that forum, it looked pretty nice!
                  Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

It was the victim of the calendar exploit and was hit during the same time that many others were. They ran an older version, 2.2.7 if I remember correctly.
                    Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

The hacker is also obviously not well aware of what REALLY is going on in Iraq...
                      | DiscBurn | CD & DVD Replication services, film and VHS to DVD, and duplication equipment
                      |
                      Disc On Demand | Short-run CD & DVD duplication... all online.

Comment

--=--[[---->> .::nEt^DeViL w4s h3re::. <<----]]--=--
                        .::aB0 m0h4mM3d 0wNz y0ur Sit3!!::.
                        D.e.f.4.C.3.d 8.y
                        NnEt^DeViLN
                        .:aB0 m0h4mM3d0wNz y0ur Sit3:.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_*

I'm h3re for telling you that y0ur Site isn't Secure Enough
                        Don't w0rry ab0ut y0ur Files ( n0thing w4s Del3ted )
                        & I wanna Say (( We all hope for the absolute abolition of the stupid WAR in IRAQ ))
                        The 'clean war' has become the dirtiest of wars, the bloodiest, the most destructive.
                        Smart weapons have become deliberately stupid
                        blindly killing people in markets and popular neighborhoods
                        The murder of WOMEN & CHILDREN ... as we see on our television
                        screens the growing number of martyrs among INNOCENT Iraqi civilians I feel the pain of every Iraqi family
                        & Finally, I'm so SORRY 4dmin f0r h4CkiNg y0ur Sit3 but, ( Where's th3 Security!??? )
                        (((((((((( **** ISRAEL , USA Gov. & Anyone helping them ))))))))))
                        ******Gr3etz:y0ur SeCurity!!
                        f0r h3lp ( [email protected] )

thats what it says. pretty sad, if you ask me, but they have a point, the war is very pointless and evil... but that still isnt right to hack the site

Comment

I guess going to the highest bidder.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X