X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zetetic
    replied
    Ah, that makes sense. Congrats.

I figured my problem out too. I can use a cvswrappers file to tell CVS to import all files with image extensions as binary files by adding entries like so for each file type:

*.jpg -k 'b'

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    I did figure it out; I had to connect using extssh, not pserver, and my host created the proper accounts I needed.

Leave a comment:

• zetetic
    replied
    I suspect you've worked this out already, but the CVS book I have recommends creating a CVS group and giving it ownership of the repository, then making anyone who will be accessing it a member of that group. I'm using Eclipse on WinXP with CVS on a Linux box and that's what I did.

I also just found out the hard way that you have to use the -kb switch when importing binary files into CVS. That makes it kinda hard to import the whole forum directory given all the images in various places.

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    started a topic More CVS help

More CVS help

I've successfully created a repository, I think. My host has ports 2401 and 2402 (CVS and pserver) blocked, so I connect through an SSH tunnel in Eclipse. This means that, to log in, I have to type my account username and password on the server as if I was logging in through a normal SSH client.

This is a team-based project, I'm the only one on this server, and it's a shared server so I don't have root access. Others need to have read/write access to the files through CVS (i.e., they need to be able to browse the repository and commit files). So, how can I allow remote users to the files while still denying global read/write/execute access to everybody else to everybody except myself and other specific users?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X