Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrispadfield
    replied
    Me = idiot when I don't read the article. Post edited.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    This browser isn't competing with Firefox or Internet Explorer. For one it is supposed to support both the Gecko and Internet Explorer engine with the same interface. However, its target audience are the people who use the AOL and MSN Clients to access the Internet. These are the ones who will be attracted to the $9.95 internet service Time Warner provides through AOL's Netscape division and these are the people who find a single all-in-one client the most attractive to access the Internet with.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by filburt1
    I do say, that is hideous. I prefer simplicity in the interfaces of Firefox and IE (until IE gets ugly in Longhorn).
    I agree.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Lacrosse Boy
    You'd be surprised at the number of people who still use Netscape! Some people never even migrated over to anything else. I remember when we first signed up for a USWest account it came with Netscape.

And last year one of our clients was having problems viewing the site, and it turned out that the problem was with her use of Netscape 4! She wanted to keep everything similar and not go through conversion hastles, so I wsa able to upgrader her to Netscape 7.

And one of my friends swears by the Netscape browser, as it has everything combined in one easy place: mail, contacts, AOL Insant Messenger, browser, etc.

So yes, people still use Netscape.
    I've had such users before, I had one on netscape 3 at one time . There are still a lot of places out there where companys refuse to upgrade their hardware or software and still force their employees to use outdated browsers to access the internet.

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    As long as it uses firefox's rendering engine then I welcome the change But if we're going to have to fart around with yet another browser to make our CSS render as it should, then I'm not a happy bunny

Leave a comment:

• eva01
    replied
    Originally posted by Vile
    People still use Netscape?
    our 10+ year old powermac running 8.6.6 still has Netscape 7.1 i think

Leave a comment:

• 0ptima
    replied
    Originally posted by filburt1
    I do say, that is hideous. I prefer simplicity in the interfaces of Firefox and IE (until IE gets ugly in Longhorn).
    I love the simplicity of FF as well.

Whats with the temperature gauge? To warn you when your browser will overheat?

Leave a comment:

• Vile
    replied
    My comment was kind of a joke. According to the stat trackers on my sites, there are a small number of people who still use Netscape, but most of those users have migrated to FireFox.
    Last edited by Vile; Fri 4 Mar '05, 11:52pm.

Leave a comment:

• CeleronXT
    replied
    Not great looking, but I think its a step up from the older version of the theme in the other betas.

Leave a comment:

• tgillespie
    replied
    Yes there are a few people that figured out how to user another browser regardless of Microsoft shoving Internet Explorer down our throat.

Leave a comment:

• Lacrosse Boy
    replied
    You'd be surprised at the number of people who still use Netscape! Some people never even migrated over to anything else. I remember when we first signed up for a USWest account it came with Netscape.

And last year one of our clients was having problems viewing the site, and it turned out that the problem was with her use of Netscape 4! She wanted to keep everything similar and not go through conversion hastles, so I wsa able to upgrader her to Netscape 7.

And one of my friends swears by the Netscape browser, as it has everything combined in one easy place: mail, contacts, AOL Insant Messenger, browser, etc.

So yes, people still use Netscape.

Leave a comment:

• BamaStangGuy
    replied
    haha first thing that came across my mind as well

Leave a comment:

• Vile
    replied

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean C
    Apart from the gradients that's a fairly simple user-interface.
    The problem is it doesn't look like standard components, and familiarity is one of the foundations of good UI design. For example, on Windows, textboxes always have square borders and a solid white background. Also, the menu is always on the left side of the window directly under the titlebar, not in the right side of the titlebar.

But whatever floats your boat.

Leave a comment:

• BamaStangGuy
    replied
    eh I still like Firefox better

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X