X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netscape Releases Beta Of New Browser

http://www.informationweek.com/story...05782&tid=5979
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ManagerJosh; Fri 4 Mar '05, 4:55pm.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

I do say, that is hideous. I prefer simplicity in the interfaces of Firefox and IE (until IE gets ugly in Longhorn).
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Apart from the gradients that's a fairly simple user-interface.
      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

eh I still like Firefox better

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C
          Apart from the gradients that's a fairly simple user-interface.
          The problem is it doesn't look like standard components, and familiarity is one of the foundations of good UI design. For example, on Windows, textboxes always have square borders and a solid white background. Also, the menu is always on the left side of the window directly under the titlebar, not in the right side of the titlebar.

But whatever floats your boat.
          --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
          Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
          vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

People still use Netscape?
            Webmaster / Administrator
            www.MegaGames.com
            www.MGForums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vile
              haha first thing that came across my mind as well

Comment

You'd be surprised at the number of people who still use Netscape! Some people never even migrated over to anything else. I remember when we first signed up for a USWest account it came with Netscape.

And last year one of our clients was having problems viewing the site, and it turned out that the problem was with her use of Netscape 4! She wanted to keep everything similar and not go through conversion hastles, so I wsa able to upgrader her to Netscape 7.

And one of my friends swears by the Netscape browser, as it has everything combined in one easy place: mail, contacts, AOL Insant Messenger, browser, etc.

So yes, people still use Netscape.
                | DiscBurn | CD & DVD Replication services, film and VHS to DVD, and duplication equipment
                |
                Disc On Demand | Short-run CD & DVD duplication... all online.

Comment

Yes there are a few people that figured out how to user another browser regardless of Microsoft shoving Internet Explorer down our throat.
                  Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Not great looking, but I think its a step up from the older version of the theme in the other betas.
                    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

My comment was kind of a joke. According to the stat trackers on my sites, there are a small number of people who still use Netscape, but most of those users have migrated to FireFox.
                      Last edited by Vile; Fri 4 Mar '05, 11:52pm.
                      Webmaster / Administrator
                      www.MegaGames.com
                      www.MGForums.com

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                        I do say, that is hideous. I prefer simplicity in the interfaces of Firefox and IE (until IE gets ugly in Longhorn).
                        I love the simplicity of FF as well.

Whats with the temperature gauge? To warn you when your browser will overheat?

Comment

our 10+ year old powermac running 8.6.6 still has Netscape 7.1 i think

Comment

As long as it uses firefox's rendering engine then I welcome the change But if we're going to have to fart around with yet another browser to make our CSS render as it should, then I'm not a happy bunny
                            Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Lacrosse Boy
                              You'd be surprised at the number of people who still use Netscape! Some people never even migrated over to anything else. I remember when we first signed up for a USWest account it came with Netscape.

And last year one of our clients was having problems viewing the site, and it turned out that the problem was with her use of Netscape 4! She wanted to keep everything similar and not go through conversion hastles, so I wsa able to upgrader her to Netscape 7.

And one of my friends swears by the Netscape browser, as it has everything combined in one easy place: mail, contacts, AOL Insant Messenger, browser, etc.

So yes, people still use Netscape.
                              I've had such users before, I had one on netscape 3 at one time . There are still a lot of places out there where companys refuse to upgrade their hardware or software and still force their employees to use outdated browsers to access the internet.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X