I hate to ask....about CMS'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate to ask....about CMS'

Yes, CMS questions are very popular, but I do have a serious question.

We want a CMS that does not provide the front end for the website. Just one that maintains content in a database, and provides either an API or a good data structure to get the data out and purposed on whatever engine we use to drive our site.

So far, all the CMS' I've looked at are tightly integrated with a web engine, which is exactly what we dont' want.

Does a front-end agnostic CMS actually exist?

Ethan

Just use phpMyAdmin if you don't want your program to interfere with the frontend.
    I really don't see a reason why people would code a CMS that doesn't output the pages, because then customers (or the like) would have to get yet another program.

Comment

I can see why people would do it, since sometimes you don't want to be tied to one companies notion of a "good" web development platform. Sometimes you just want content stored and accessed in a standard fashion. EZPublish comes close, but is a bit too much for our purposes. Onward I search!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X