X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimF
    replied
    Originally posted by Chitman
    thats why everyone switches the style of their UBB back to the 5.45 days.
    <begin shameless slam>

I didn't think UBB allowed you to switch styles?

<end shameless slam>

-jim

Leave a comment:

• Chitman
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe
    vb colors, ubb layout
    The colors yeah they are similar to vB's but it doesn't matter people are going to change them anyway..

But i disagree with the UBB layout..TO ME the new Ikonboard has more of a professional look, while UBB has more of Pokemon Lolly Pop look..I mean come on..Their new layout is not that great, thats why everyone switches the style of their UBB back to the 5.45 days.

Leave a comment:

• MasterMind
    replied
    oh and Matt, nice job on ikonboard. Really beats 2.0 there.

And, about UBBDev, yes, it IS good. One place for hacks. One place for support. No need for more.

Leave a comment:

• jojo85
    replied
    Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
    Actually, I don't see a problem with that. I think if anything, it's actually better that way. It will definately prevent fragmentation of the hacking community.

(Anyone who was around then,) Think back to the UBB Code Hacking Hideout fallout and creation of UBBHackers.Com. That basically split the community down the middle. For a while, it really seemed like hack production was down.

Of course, I'm not saying that the split was bad in this case -- I doubt there'd be much of a hacking scene outside of SK (for nostalgia ) if that didn't happen. Or it may have gone completely dormant until a change in management.
    The ubb layout is one of the best,don't like WWW layout

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sullivan
    replied
    Originally posted by MasterMind
    although they are not allowing any new hacking sites other than UBBDev.
    Actually, I don't see a problem with that. I think if anything, it's actually better that way. It will definately prevent fragmentation of the hacking community.

(Anyone who was around then,) Think back to the UBB Code Hacking Hideout fallout and creation of UBBHackers.Com. That basically split the community down the middle. For a while, it really seemed like hack production was down.

Of course, I'm not saying that the split was bad in this case -- I doubt there'd be much of a hacking scene outside of SK (for nostalgia ) if that didn't happen. Or it may have gone completely dormant until a change in management.

Leave a comment:

• JimF
    replied
    Originally posted by MasterMind
    although they are not allowing any new hacking sites other than UBBDev
    Good way to support the community

I just may go register a UBBhacking domain, just to see what IP does.

-jim

Leave a comment:

• MasterMind
    replied
    lol
    Infopop is not attempting to claim copyright for hacks, although they are not allowing any new hacking sites other than UBBDev. Working hard to gain the support of Infopop. IP will never be able to claim the rights to hacks, but how much source is actually in the hacks.

And iB::3 looking good matt.

Leave a comment:

• jojo85
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe
    vb colors, ubb layout
    Yes lol

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    they can copyright the hacks all they want and as long as someone isn't writing the code in exactly the same manner they have no grounds for infringement, especially if it's being written in different language (PHP anyone?).

they could try to patent the processes, but that would cause them so much trouble from the people who originally wrote the hacks that it would kill the company faster than it's already dying.

If James and John ever get that stupid I will personally fly to the UK and put them out of their misery. I'm sure they would want it that way

Leave a comment:

• wert
    replied
    Open source projects...

I think open source projects like Ikonboard and phpBB are already nicer and just generally more preferable to using UBB... But of course, vBulletin is the board of choice commercially!

Leave a comment:

• Matt@ikonboard
    replied
    WOW, Ikonboard is going up in the world!

First we were accused of ripping of Boardpower, then YaBB, then UBB and now vBulletin!

I'm honoured

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Moved here because it has no real value to hacking and is more general stuff than anything else.

Leave a comment:

• DeMoN
    replied
    will beta 4 fix the login probs?

Leave a comment:

• mrlister
    replied
    I can't wait till 4 comes out. I too am hoping early as possible.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    well i hope beta 4 comes out earlier than expected this week

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X