No announcement yet.

Boy IB3 and VBulletin sure resemble ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt, With a siggy like yours you've got no chance of convincing anyone they should attempt to learn Perl!
    http://britishexpats.com/ - British expatriate community

Comment

Re: Good points all, but...

Originally posted by wert
      ... it seems that the vast majority of us on shared servers don't have mod_perl installed.
      I have a (cheap) shared account at OLM.net and they support mod_perl (on request). After IB3 is released I will get another account just for my boards and turn on mod_perl, for more room and bandwidth and so it doesn't mess with my own perl scripts which aren't mod_perl friendly

Anyway, I'm out of this conversation, I love Ikonboard, love IB3 so far, and I love vB too (i moderate a few boards using vB).

PHP vs. Perl, I prefer Perl myself because I just started learning it a few months ago (slowly) and don't want to switch over to PHP when im not done with Perl, they are very similar though and I've written a few miniscule PHP scripts.

Comment

have you try php?

Comment

Me? Yes, I've written a small random image script in PHP. And used it for small header/footer things instead of SSI.

Comment

I agree with KapTin KiRk and Matt , I prefer to finish Perl then move into the 'easy' language PHP

Comment

No PHP isn't a bad language but it can attract bad programmers. So I think we are sort of in agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by 4php
                No PHP isn't a bad language but it can attract bad programmers. So I think we are sort of in agreement.
                hehe
                My script have 8500 lines of code

Comment

Me too!

*thinking that Matt's siggy scared me off of perl also!* :

Comment

Lol

Comment

hehe, the siggy is just stupid show off stuff. It's over complicated to look ..er.. cool. It's nothing you couldn't achieve with a few lines of perl or PHP if I could use preg_split properly, lol.

Comment

IMO, the best *real* use for obfuscated Perl code has to go to Gossamer Threads: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/jobs/index.htm "If you don't understand what this is doing without running it, don't bother applying";

Comment

I think it is pretty neat looking!
                          Jordan Gadd
                          Contact Information

Comment

heh.. that code block isn't too far removed from the Fisher-Yates shuffle, merely swopping blocks of 4 characters around to form 'mailto:[email protected]' (Japh => Just another perl hacker, blame Randal Schwartz for that!).

If you compiled and ran my sig, it'll form 'Just Another Perl Hacker 2'. It'll run under strict too, lol.

Comment

LOL
                              Jordan Gadd
                              Contact Information

Comment

Hey Matt

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X