No announcement yet.

Boy IB3 and VBulletin sure resemble ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy IB3 and VBulletin sure resemble ..

http://forums.ikonboard.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi

vb colors, ubb layout
    Bike Forums.net

Comment

well you gotta admit, ikonboard is moving at a really fast pace. already i'd choose them over UBB. they're doing really good but they still don't beat vB.
      - MrLister

Comment

yes IB is gonna beat UBB but vB's still the best
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

IkonBoard is looking good as far as features go. The colors are a little close to home but it is definitely looking better than UBB (by a long shot!).

Comment

Hopefully

UB has to big of a head,Hopefully IB will Humble UB...

by the way UB seems to have started copy righting thier hacks if its true thats stupidest thing i have heard..

It was crazy when IB opened up tonight with the new version in the first few minutes of opening back up the new board ,there was 200 users online, it was fricken crazy they avarage 60+ users constantly online on thier board im sure it will double now

UB maybe 20 at a time hehe
            Last edited by upperking; Sun 1 Apr '01, 11:30pm.

Comment

Re: Hopefully

Originally posted by upperking
              UB has to big of a head,Hopefully IB will Humble UB...

by the way UB seems to have started copy righting thier hacks if its true thats stupidest thing i have heard..
              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

InfoPop (the company behind UBB) is trying to claim ownership over hacks created by people external to the company. They also recently decided to disallow anyone (except "company-approved" sites) from distributing hacks, supposedly to combat piracy. /me thinks they're going to launch some sort of CGI-customization business and just don't want the competition of free resources.

As for IB humbling IP, I'm not seeing that happening. The UBB has simply fallen too far behind, yet the powers-that-be over there (Ted especially) seems to think they're still the best and will move at their pace. He still claims they're "innovating". What a crock of bull^^^^.

Want to know what I find really funny? They pushed UBB6 out the door before it was ready, without Spellchecker.net support and a couple other things, and now they're up to v6.02. It's been out for approximately 3 weeks, and they've already released two updates significant enough to warrant a second-level version number. (If they were minor releases, it would be at 6.0.2 or 6.0b or something similar.) And this is on top of - count them - 21 beta releases. And that's just the public betas. There were at least 3 betas sent to specially picked beta testers prior to those 21.

Seriously, they need to do some major management realignment over there. The realignment being get rid of everyone and start over.

Comment

Almost forgot this - InfoPop wanted OpenTopic beta testers. As in they were recruiting people for a private beta test before releasing it for public beta testing, if any. This is the kicker: Not only was being part of the beta test not free, you had to pay a full 70% of the normal costs of using OpenTopic. Who the %%%% sets up a private beta and then charges the participants??!?!?!

Comment

21+ public betas

wonder how many vb 2 is gonna get

Comment

5 or 6 tops I would think. If the release target date I was told is right, and the beta releases follow the loose schedule they have been (about every 2 to 3 weeks), that's about all they'll have time for. Of course, that's assuming no huge bugs.

Comment

well i hope beta 4 comes out earlier than expected this week

Comment

I can't wait till 4 comes out. I too am hoping early as possible.
                          - MrLister

Comment

will beta 4 fix the login probs?

Comment

Moved here because it has no real value to hacking and is more general stuff than anything else.
                              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X