This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashchat

So I'm messing around with FlashChat, but for the life of me can't figure out how to enable transcripts (chat logs)!

Is there such a feature with FlashChat?

I don't see any log file being created automatically and don't see an entry in the /inc/config.php that is obvious, for use to enable the option.

I'm looking to have either an html or php file containing each chat session's content for viewing at a later date, to be included elsewhere on my site.

Thanks for any help!

I have installed Flashchat at my website. I don't look at the logs. Never tried.

The admin seems to be a bit buggy (imho), but the actual chat interface is way too cool. So, I'll keep it.

MrLeN
    I'm Kind of a Big Deal
    Hosting (no ads) and "DNS" Domain - Pay Nothing (ever).
    100,000 Text Links. No registration required.

Comment

i would like to add a chat application to my site as well. do you recomend this one? or is there one that is better? also can i enable user group permissions for this so some can use it and some cant? thx.

vb v 3.0.5
      and portal 3.0.0

Comment

A client I worked with purchased this script and we were on a tight schedule and the integration and customization of it wasn't easy. Although the author is very helpful if you send him an email. Ask this question to him via email
        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C
          A client I worked with purchased this script and we were on a tight schedule and the integration and customization of it wasn't easy. Although the author is very helpful if you send him an email. Ask this question to him via email
          I found integration fairly easy.

Edit one file, upload the files, set a couple of permissions and then run the installer.

I had it working in a couple of minutes and it's great, my members love it.

Well worth $5!!
          Special Forces - Roll Of Honour - http://www.specialforcesroh.com

Comment

Yeah, I'd have to say that installation was pretty easy too.

I wanted to turn off all the different thems and just have one. The reason for this is that members can set/choose their own themes. When they change a theme, the text color changes. The tenxt color for some themes is hard for users with other themes to see.

..so, I turned them all off except one. It was a bit tricky, but I worked it all out after about 30 minutes.

All in all for $5, you can't go wrong. It's a fantastic peice of coding for that price. Also, it hasn't crashed or done anything stupid since I installed in several months ago.

Better still, it hardly uses any resources.

I highly recommend it.

MrLeN
            I'm Kind of a Big Deal

Comment

To my original question....does anyone know how to turning the transcript (chat log) option on or is this not a feature that is included. I was under the assumption it would be, but I can't find it or any reference to it?

Thanks.

Comment

Installation is easy, it works. But there was so many things that I needed to do to make the integration stronger, like I wanted the flashchat actually inside the forum window and integrated with my style but I found no documentation on this. It's annoying how it pops up for example.

funkmiester - have you tried emailing the author like I suggested?
                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

lol, I think funkmiester is gonna get upset with us soon. No one is actually answering his question.

To be honest, my admin isn't working properly. All I can do is set up rooms. The other features return errors, but I haven't needed those features yet, so I haven't bothered looking into the errors.

You can find your logs here:

http://www.url.to/flashchat/admin.php

MrLeN
                  I'm Kind of a Big Deal

Comment

Thanks everyone for trying to answer my question As MrLeN says, the admin is pretty awful, so despite a great frontend, I'll wait 'til they fix-up the back end.

Thanks again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X