payment processor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• payment processor

Which is better, and is valid in more countries?

nochex vs. worldpay

Thanks

I think PayPal has been recognized as one of the most universal pay standards.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
      I think PayPal has been recognized as one of the most universal pay standards.
      And their fees reflect that too

Comment

PayPal's fees are one of the lowest around. 2.9% plus .30 per transaction, no gateway fees and no monthly fees is hard to beat with any payment processor.

Comment

Originally posted by hankster
          PayPal's fees are one of the lowest around. 2.9% plus .30 per transaction, no gateway fees and no monthly fees is hard to beat with any payment processor.
          It really is....

Comment

Worldpay, but its more expensive. Worldpay is international (but UK based), whereas nochex is very much UK based, I don't believe it even supports other currencies.
            Christopher Padfield
            Web Based Helpdesk
            DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Yup, you are only going to get lower % with a merchant account. The problem with paypal is not everyone has an account and lots of people don't want to use it. I know I offer paypal & worldpay (normal cc) purchasing options, only about 1 in 20 are made using paypal.
              Christopher Padfield
              Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Originally posted by chrispadfield
                Yup, you are only going to get lower % with a merchant account. The problem with paypal is not everyone has an account and lots of people don't want to use it. I know I offer paypal & worldpay (normal cc) purchasing options, only about 1 in 20 are made using paypal.
                Hi chrispadfield,

Do you recommend worldpay for online businesses located in the US? Or is worldpay more for the UK? Just curious

Comment

I know one of the main reasons I (and others) use Worldpay was because it is easier to get a Worldpay account for a new company than it is to get a merchant account. I believe getting a merchant account for a US company is somewhat easier so that might reduce the work. It is also "easier" to use something like Worldpay, it basically has the advantages of something like paypal with pre made payment pages, but none of the disadvantages (users needing to register, comfirmation of accounts etc).

The US version might however be different so I don't really know. Why do you not want to use a reseller of authorize.net or some equivalent?

Worldpay also has a good fraud protection thing if you are shipping actual physical goods. If you are selling e-goods, it is useless.

I am personally moving from Worldpay, mainly because they have made little feature improvements to their repeat billing system and because they are expensive. I am going to use www.protx.com along with a merchant account - but I believe protx is UK only.
                  Christopher Padfield
                  Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Thanks for the great post

Originally posted by chrispadfield
                    Why do you not want to use a reseller of authorize.net or some equivalent?
                    I'm not familiar with merchant accounts. I'll take a look at the authorize.net website. Currently I'm using PayPal and 2checkout, and while I like PayPal, I absolutely detest 2checkout.
                    Last edited by subduck; Mon 24 Jan '05, 4:26pm.

Comment

Paypal does not work in some countries, so you need a back up, just wondering which one would be better, nochex or worldpay.

Comment

Worldpay, is as I understand it far more international than Nochex. Nochex have only just started taking credit cards, they used to be debit cards only (IMHO, they where better when they did that) - so if you are looking for an international backup, try worldpay. Nochex started as a "e-money" stile thing, with major use being Ebay - they competiting with paypal is a new thing.

Subduck, you might want to try paysystems, they where who I used before worldpay, but not sure what advantages they hold over paypal - think they take orders from anywhere though.
                        Christopher Padfield
                        Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Someone does not have to be a member of PayPal to make a payment with it. The vast majority of my customers are from North America so it's limited reach is not a problem. I also use Authorize.net for those that aren't comfortable with PayPal... my sales are about 50/50 PP to CC so I would be lost without it.

One other thing about PayPal, if you pay for something with your account or your PayPal Debt card, they credit your account back 1% of the sale.

Comment

Originally posted by hankster
                            With my own Aussie merchant account with BankSA(StGeorge) i get 0.69% inclusive of tax.

The rates paypal charge are just not viable for what i do (they might be for others, but 3% is rude)

Comment

3% is pretty normal in North America so 2.7% is a decent price for our uses considering there are no other fees (monthly, gateway, etc.) involved.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X