Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrispadfield
    replied
    I was thinking of something along the terms of if someone navigated through out the entire picture zoomed in. I would venture to guess that everyone who looks, views 10% of the image zoomed in which is still quite a bit of bandwidth itself.
    10% of it viewed in would be a couple of thousand pictures given the resolution of the picture and the resolution of the individual screens. I am sure there is software that can measure the bandwidth of a page view, the images it displays are really not that big - I can tell by how quick they load

Leave a comment:

• tgillespie
    replied
    Originally posted by chrispadfield
    It only sends back small pictures using the applet. If you refresh the whole page thousands of times, then sure - but no more than if you refreshed a page on any other website.
    I was thinking of something along the terms of if someone navigated through out the entire picture zoomed in. I would venture to guess that everyone who looks, views 10% of the image zoomed in which is still quite a bit of bandwidth itself.

Leave a comment:

• mindbuster
    replied
    Originally posted by tgillespie
    I can't imagine what the bandwidth is for this. I realize not everyone is loading 2.5GB, but there is a possibility that one person could consume this much.
    Not to mention the RAM in your PC, i have 1gig ram installed and it started swapping to HD when i zoomed around alot

Leave a comment:

• the Sandman
    replied
    Hey Floris - How far are you from Delft? Could you be in the picture??

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    This is like watching CSI where they have a security camera picture and they zoom in 50x and it is still sharp.

Oh look at that - very poor quality bl/wi camera in bad angle, lets 3d it and swirl 85 degrees and zoom in 300x and look!! It obviously had a cd player in his hand and not a gun.

Leave a comment:

• chrispadfield
    replied
    Originally posted by tgillespie
    I can't imagine what the bandwidth is for this. I realize not everyone is loading 2.5GB, but there is a possibility that one person could consume this much.
    It only sends back small pictures using the applet. If you refresh the whole page thousands of times, then sure - but no more than if you refreshed a page on any other website.

Leave a comment:

• tgillespie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    Originally posted by MrNase
    You could probably see the spots on your neighbours face

btw. congrats to your 1,000th post
    w00t! I didn't even notice that! 1001 now Thanks!

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• MrNase
    replied
    You could probably see the spots on your neighbours face

btw. congrats to your 1,000th post

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    2.5 Gigapixels... wow...

I wonder how detailed satellite photos are?

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• HenryG2
    replied
    That is pretty impressive.

My LS743 has camera envy.

Leave a comment:

• Caiman
    replied
    It's actually made up of 600 different images

http://www.tpd.tno.nl/smartsite592.html

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    I don't think its so much stitched together as abit of time lapse has occured, it is a 2.5 gigapixel photo, i mean the 5megapixel images at full quality are large, can't imagein how large this thing acctualy is

Leave a comment:

• Caiman
    replied
    Yeah the bus is my favourite part- still ana amazing feat to make this photo, even if it is many stitched together.

Leave a comment:

• Martyjp
    replied
    Looks a nasty accident
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X