No announcement yet.

The 2.5 Gigapixel Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is like watching CSI where they have a security camera picture and they zoom in 50x and it is still sharp.

Oh look at that - very poor quality bl/wi camera in bad angle, lets 3d it and swirl 85 degrees and zoom in 300x and look!! It obviously had a cd player in his hand and not a gun.

Comment

Hey Floris - How far are you from Delft? Could you be in the picture??
      The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
      Articles - Forum Review
      Interviews:
      KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
      Paul M

Comment

Originally posted by tgillespie
        I can't imagine what the bandwidth is for this. I realize not everyone is loading 2.5GB, but there is a possibility that one person could consume this much.
        Not to mention the RAM in your PC, i have 1gig ram installed and it started swapping to HD when i zoomed around alot
        http://www.entropiaforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by chrispadfield
          It only sends back small pictures using the applet. If you refresh the whole page thousands of times, then sure - but no more than if you refreshed a page on any other website.
          I was thinking of something along the terms of if someone navigated through out the entire picture zoomed in. I would venture to guess that everyone who looks, views 10% of the image zoomed in which is still quite a bit of bandwidth itself.
          Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

I was thinking of something along the terms of if someone navigated through out the entire picture zoomed in. I would venture to guess that everyone who looks, views 10% of the image zoomed in which is still quite a bit of bandwidth itself.
            10% of it viewed in would be a couple of thousand pictures given the resolution of the picture and the resolution of the individual screens. I am sure there is software that can measure the bandwidth of a page view, the images it displays are really not that big - I can tell by how quick they load
            Christopher Padfield
            Web Based Helpdesk
            DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X