What do u like from IPB and vBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do u like from IPB and vBulletin

Last edited by Dream On; Wed 29th Jun '05, 1:28pm.

Here's what I like about IPB:

1) You can port it into vBulletin thus getting rid of the thing.

2) Errm......
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.0 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I like vbulletin performance, but IPB option of integrated chat
      Dutch vBullletin users social group!

Comment

Hes right about the admin section being much simpler.

vB really needs to optimize the admin section so its easier to get stuff done.

Overall i prefer vB atm.

IPB really pissed me off when they started charging for the forum, they let everyone beta for them and then made the final pay only. That imho is screwing people, leaving them with a buggy product.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemon
          That imho is screwing people, leaving them with a buggy product.
          Sounds like good marketing to me. Kinda like a drug dealer. The first hit is free ...

Comment

I Hope Vb Make This In The Next Released To Make It Easy For Poeple To Edit The Forums Permissen Fast.

Comment

It is if you work backwords and use categorys and inherited permissions correctly

Considering one of my forums now has 20~ usergroups, we can add and define permissions for forums with quite abit of ease

Comment

What do u like from IPB and vBulletin
                What is vBulletin ?
                Lumina, aventurière des mondes fantastiques et petite rédactrice au grand cœur
                Cœur Lumière - vBulletin-fr
                Join the vBulletin French community social group!

Comment

The support is one of the main reasons I choose vBulletin. There are countless others though.
                  Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Im with vBulletin because at the time there was no competition (within the price range i was willing to spend).

Now, Im here mainly because im not willing to convert to (or pay for) IPB to see if i like it or not. vBulletins code is awsome, very neat and easy to customise.

And the community here too i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by tgillespie
                      The support is one of the main reasons I choose vBulletin. There are countless others though.
                      you remind me about the support in IPB i remember i have make thread there called

Why The Support is so Slow

Many People is jumping say omg are your crazy i have a company and we do not support our poeple like IPB support ...

and alot of them .. in the end the thread get closed LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Dream On
                        you remind me about the support in IPB i remember i have make thread there called

Why The Support is so Slow

Many People is jumping say omg are your crazy i have a company and we do not support our poeple like IPB support ...

and alot of them .. in the end the thread get closed LOL
                        Topics about company policy or competition seemed to get locked very quickly at vB, IPB, and phpBB, but I understand why.
                        Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                          It is if you work backwords and use categorys and inherited permissions correctly

Considering one of my forums now has 20~ usergroups, we can add and define permissions for forums with quite abit of ease
                          idk, for some reason it just seems easier and more flexible in IPB to do permisions. The checkboxes and having a group derive from several access masks just makes sense and is easy to edit and understand. In vB if you have many forums the permisions editing screen gets very confusing.

Thats one thing id like to see revised in an upcomming version, a completely redone permsisions editing system to make it more flexible and simpler to understand.

Comment

The permissions are a lot easier to do in ipb, but they are nowhere near as comprehensive as they are in vb

Comment

Originally posted by Martyjp
                              The permissions are a lot easier to do in ipb, but they are nowhere near as comprehensive as they are in vb
                              Yes, i was going to say that but i ended up not doing.

vB has far more per forum permisions than IPB (good thing), more than double infact. So, it's something that will take a little planning to get just right. It is imho no.1 on the list of things id like to see done tho.

I'd like to see a forums permision editing page as elegant as the forum drop down menus. Less clicks, easier to understand etc.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X