No announcement yet.

What do u like from IPB and vBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It saddens me to agree with the permission, it took a long time for us to edit 20 usergroups access to over 60 forums areas, of course we have each forum allow different permission making it a hugee time frame, There was a mod for vB 2 i found to make it like IPB ways but not done for vB3, if there was one thing that would be it more than anything.

I would like more scripts being made as addons, like blogs, gallery, that is offical ones that do run hand in hand with vB. That would be nice.

But we do still so rather vB now we set up on it, its so faster, and more options to change items from admin, maybe just to many :P But i rather more, just need to be arrange a little better.

The support on vB is just the BEST there is no question there, you just cant beat that ever.

vB also do allow there type of posts, thats alot more than other forum software companys, and to be honest i dont see much reason to close post for posting details, Yes close them or delete them for posting spam about others, but comments are good for all parties.

vB is more of a professional company, they honour there members and customers, and for people like myself that need this kinda of level vB wins over any forum.

Comment

hahaha...now I know there's gonna be a major revision in vB3.1
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
        hahaha...now I know there's gonna be a major revision in vB3.1
        How so?

MGM out

Comment

ipb just seemed to greedy once they made v2 payed i had no reason not to go with vbulletin. and i really hate the community at invision since they all constantly say you need to buy a licence to every unlicenced member out there... vb is full of features and way faster than ipb well atleast when you customize it properly :P
          http://whatpulse.bounceme.net/sig/zen.png

Comment

Originally posted by MetalGearMaster
            How so?

MGM out
            There's been pretty much a common theme of complaints....so most likely its gonna get addressed somehow.
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

whats IPB?
              http://www.trudesi.com

Comment

Originally posted by Thug4Thug
                whats IPB?
                You've got to be kidding.... -_-"

Comment

nope show me what it is

Comment

oh invision?

Comment

Originally posted by Thug4Thug
                      oh invision?
                      yup

Comment

ye i agree vbulletin is most definetly the best

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                          There's been pretty much a common theme of complaints....so most likely its gonna get addressed somehow.
                          Ahh I see... but what if they way its being done now is the only good solution for the amount of features involved?

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by MetalGearMaster
                            Ahh I see... but what if they way its being done now is the only good solution for the amount of features involved?

MGM out
                            Then we need to loose some features

No, theres definatly a better way of laying out the permisions and making it simpler and quicker to manage. Not saying i have any idea what that would be like.

imho, permisions aka security needs to be as simple and obvios as possible. If the permsisions system is complex and difficult to understand there is a much greater chance a mistake might be made. Security needs to be simple.
                            Last edited by Nemon; Fri 14th Jan '05, 7:39am.

Comment

there is a few think that i hate from the IPB is the Support if u post in the forums i give u 100% There is no one from the Staff is going to Answer u ..

some time i was in the work ..and i dont have the Customer ID to go post a ticket but even if i post a ticket it need 2 or 3 day to some one Reply to me ..

i really dont understand why that time when i make a topic in their site

Why The support is soo Slow

all poeple jump and say ipb is the best support and blah blah blah .. i can't even reply to them ..i just say WTF

i post over then 3 ticket and each one it take 2 or 3 day to some one reply ..

so this is why i hate to go to ipb and i go to other ipb support site.. it will safe my time and i will get very Quick Support.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemon
                                Then we need to loose some features

No, theres definatly a better way of laying out the permisions and making it simpler and quicker to manage. Not saying i have any idea what that would be like.

imho, permisions aka security needs to be as simple and obvios as possible. If the permsisions system is complex and difficult to understand there is a much greater chance a mistake might be made. Security needs to be simple.
                                I don't think it's exactly difficult or complex... I think it's just that when using it often it gets to be a lot of work

MGM out

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X