vBulletin Etomology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin Etomology

I was curious as to what the v in vBulletin stood for. Does it stand for virtual, as in Virtual Bulletin Board?
    Forums

It doesn't stand for anything, technically, though there's many things that you could say it stood for (such as the v in VB World).
    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

It's also rumoured to be chosen because it was the next letter in the alphabet...as vBulletin 1.0 was a PHP port of UBB, and hence became vB
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Thankfully most rumours are false.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
          Thankfully most rumours are false.
          But you have to admit, most rumours are somewhat logical
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

So there is no actual meaning? Okay, thanks.
            Forums

Comment

Nope

Comment

Actually it means "Very-good!"
                Kim

Comment

It's owned by Richard Branson, so it's actually Virgin Bulletin, or vBulletin for short.

Comment

I heard that vB was origional written for a community talking abour Visual Basic so it just took on the name vBulletin like VB

Comment

Originally posted by Acid Burn
                      I heard that vB was origional written for a community talking abour Visual Basic so it just took on the name vBulletin like VB
                      Bingo, we have a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Acid Burn
                        Probaly the closest to begin correct without going over the actual price.

Comment

4 years and then some and I'm finally getting educated. When all this time I've been thinking the "v" was for "victory" over the other famous brand that for so long remained flat file based.

Comment

the original rumour i heard was "virtual" i always liked that.

Comment

Bingo, we have a winner.
                              lol, go me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X