Connecting PC to Mac via Firewire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting PC to Mac via Firewire?

My iBook G4 screen just gave out. I called Apple up and they are going to fix it.

Problem is, I can't connect an external monitor to my laptop. It just won't work. The computer does turn on, etc.

When I connect my laptop and our home PC via Firewire the PC just tells me "unknown device." Are there drivers that will allow the two to communicate?

I was also looking at a program called PC MacLan that will connect my PC to my Mac via Ethernet. It costs $200 and I don't want to pay that amount if I don't have to. I highly doubt that the evaluation version will do what I want it to.

How can I connect the two to pull the files off? I need to have a backup and I want to remove my personal files before sending the machine off to be repaired.

If I can't do this, does anyone know Apple policy regarding personal files? I tried Googling around and looking at their support website but I see nothing regarding this. Sending in a computer with personal files slightly bus me after I brought a PC into CompUSA and they had obviously tampered with my personal files.

I'd use target disk mode with another computer, but I'm the only person in my area that I know who uses a Mac.

Any ideas/suggestions/answers?
    | DiscBurn | CD & DVD Replication services, film and VHS to DVD, and duplication equipment
    |
    Disc On Demand | Short-run CD & DVD duplication... all online.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X