Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any idea why I'm not getting notifications, anymore, for threads I'm subscribed to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any idea why I'm not getting notifications, anymore, for threads I'm subscribed to?

I noticed this only in the last 3 or 4 weeks.

anyone else experiencing this?

Comment

From this forum ?
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
        From this forum ?
        If you mean vBulletin.com/forum, yes. But it hasn't always been that way...except for the vBulletin Announcements forum. I have subscribed to that forum dozens of times and, for some reason, I'm never notified of a new post--somehow my request to subscribe is removed. I had just subscribed yesterday and it looked like the subscription went through fine but today it shows I'm not subscribed.

Comment

Ive noticed with my subscription to the announcements forum that it sometimes takes over 24 hours to notify me of the new post, by then ive already read it

Comment

Forum subscriptions run once per day or once per week, depending on the option you chose.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Any idea why my subcrition to the vBulletin Announcements forum seems to get deleted? I have subscribed to that forum dozens of times and, for some reason, I'm never notified of a new post--somehow my request to subscribe is removed. I go to "Forum Tools" and it still shows "Subscribe to this Forum" even though I just subscribed to it.

Comment

I have no idea. Sorry. This isn't happening to me.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by rnmcd
                  Any idea why my subcrition to the vBulletin Announcements forum seems to get deleted? I have subscribed to that forum dozens of times and, for some reason, I'm never notified of a new post--somehow my request to subscribe is removed. I go to "Forum Tools" and it still shows "Subscribe to this Forum" even though I just subscribed to it.
                  What does it say in your user control panel under Subscriptions after you subscribe?
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

It shows that I'm subscribed to the forum.

The odd thing is that "Forum Tools" still shows that I have the option to subscribe to the Forum not the option to unsubscribe.

Comment

Originally posted by rnmcd
                      It shows that I'm subscribed to the forum.

The odd thing is that "Forum Tools" still shows that I have the option to subscribe to the Forum not the option to unsubscribe.
                      Because that option is probably disabled here to save on resources.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I am subscribed to this thread(it even shows that I am) but I did not receive notification of your reply.

Comment

Only thing I can suggest is check your spam filters including those that are provided by your ISP at the server level and make sure they aren't getting blocked.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Weird. I just received notification of your last reply.

Comment

I'm not getting notifications again. Anyone else experiencing this?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X