Bible Code - Truth or Fiction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bible Code - Truth or Fiction?

I saw this on the History Channel the other night...and well it looks convincing...and pretty scary....

Thoughts?

http://www.biblecodes.us/
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Laughable.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
      Laughable.
      Agreed.

We could all entertain a similar dissection of "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy and it's meaningfulness had we been told that it was the "Word of God".

Comment

Based on my personal studies of the topic, I don't believe that it's true.
        TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

It always "amazes" me how someone can always find some evidence in the bible or some other such book for an event that has happened, but for some reason no one can ever find evidence for prediction of a future event - the power of hindsight I assume
          Christopher Padfield
          Web Based Helpdesk
          DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

I started reading the first article on the page, my bewilderment of the rediculous of it turned to laughter when I saw the "face" in the smoke. I mean, come on - i'm all for a conspiracy theory but this is patently absurd.
            Christopher Padfield
            Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

I agree, its just like all the other codes out there, they find evidance after something happens just like chris said

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                I saw this on the History Channel the other night...and well it looks convincing...and pretty scary....

Thoughts?

http://www.biblecodes.us/
                There is absolutely no reference to 9/11 in the Bible. There is a reference however in Nostradamus' book.

Comment

There is absolutely no reference to 9/11 in the Bible.
                  No one says there is. Some say that there is in the Bible Code, others say there isn't. I don't agree that there is a Bible code at all...

There is a reference however in Nostradamus' book.
                  Debatable. I tend to agree with Chris' sentiments in post #5, personally...
                  TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

On Nostradamus, if someone makes enough predictions using as loose language as possible, some of them will come "true".
                    Christopher Padfield
                    Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
                      Laughable.
                      If you carefully read through the bible you will find the letter b on the third page, the letter l on the 12th and on the 17th page you can find the letter t. Then on the 29th page you will find the letter e and v. And on the 42nd page and 43rd page you can find the letters l and i. And finally on the left few pages the letter n a u. And I am not kidding you, this will spell vBulletin.

mindblowing!

Comment

The methods behind these studies are faith-based. They look for meaning after-the-fact, taking it on faith that there is meaning to be found. They are basically starting with a conclusion and looking for proof afterwards. This is perfectly valid within the faith-based method.

The other method is scientific which is the opposite of faith-based.

When criticizing studies like this, it is important to name the method from which you are criticizing.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                          If you carefully read through the bible you will find the letter b on the third page, the letter l on the 12th and on the 17th page you can find the letter t. Then on the 29th page you will find the letter e and v. And on the 42nd page and 43rd page you can find the letters l and i. And finally on the left few pages the letter n a u. And I am not kidding you, this will spell vBulletin.

mindblowing!
                          I belive .........

Then again as long as you don't hurt anything or anyone else and your not forcing people to belive what you do, then each to their own
                          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X