$500 Macintosh???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arunan
    Same here, looks impressive that small little thing.
    Am I the only one unable to access store.apple.com?

The rest of the site works great, but when I click "Buy Now" it times out on me. Not that I have the money (yet) to buy it, but I was interested in how much it would cost once I had it configured completely.
    TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
      No KVM as of yet for me but I am almost positive a new mac will be appearing in my house inside of a month
      I am not trying to slam Macs, but for what purpose will the new Mac be used? Didn't you just purchase a new PC?
      Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Originally posted by cirisme

The rest of the site works great, but when I click "Buy Now" it times out on me. Not that I have the money (yet) to buy it, but I was interested in how much it would cost once I had it configured completely.
        It is down for me too.
        Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Originally posted by cirisme

They are constantly updating the store, so when they update it the store goes down for some reason. It seems to be up now with the updates.

Comment

Some web development, testing, etc

Comment

Jake likes the new iMac and iPod.

Comment

The new imac looks great, $500 is a steal for it, it will be useful to have one for web testing particularly. The new ipod is rather disappointing. I have an equivalent device from ebay that cost about $45 for 512MB and it has a lot more options (small lcd display, voice recording, multiple file formats, acts as a file drive etc). I imagine apple will still sell shedloads though.

Now to try and see if its possible to use a wirless keyboard/mouse between more than one computer. I have one of the microsoft wireless keyboard sets, i wonder if it works with a mac.
                Christopher Padfield
                Web Based Helpdesk
                DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Just a thought - how would the miniMac cool? By the looks of it there's no fans and no other cooling system (Ie, water etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by assassingod
                    Just a thought - how would the miniMac cool? By the looks of it there's no fans and no other cooling system (Ie, water etc.)
                    In the new IMacs there is a white strip that seems to be releasing intense heat, something similar. Apple's cooling system is really innovative, and mysterious.

Comment

Originally posted by chrispadfield
                      The new imac looks great, $500 is a steal for it, it will be useful to have one for web testing particularly. The new ipod is rather disappointing. I have an equivalent device from ebay that cost about $45 for 512MB and it has a lot more options (small lcd display, voice recording, multiple file formats, acts as a file drive etc). I imagine apple will still sell shedloads though.

Now to try and see if its possible to use a wirless keyboard/mouse between more than one computer. I have one of the microsoft wireless keyboard sets, i wonder if it works with a mac.
                      The iPod can act as a harddisk .

Comment

Hmm yet again we english folk end up paying a lot more than people in the US. I'm definately interested in the mini mac
                        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Hmm yet again we english folk end up paying a lot more than people in the US. I'm definately interested in the mini mac
                          I will definitely be getting mine in the states, I assume it will accept both voltages. Although the difference in price is not really Apple's doing, its the VAT (I am assuming that £339 is the UK VAT inclusive price). Without the VAT, it works out to about $525 for the UK one.
                          Christopher Padfield
                          Web Based Helpdesk
                          DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Cool. Maybe I can get a Mac after all...
                            Forums

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126215
                              Behold, the $500 Mac Mini!
                              Let the flames begin.

Comment

489€ the first version for germany and 499€ for france

so unfair

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X