• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed up your Firefox

Found that some minutes ago on a weblog (www.unblogbar.com):

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1299854/posts

I tried it and it really works. Its much faster now
    That's the end of that!

I turned it on a while ago for Firefox and even before Firefox I was using a similar idea for IE. The only problem I've run into with the pipe hack is when trying to access Aplia, an educational web site, pages will not fully load. After I turn it off, pages load fine. Other than that, its awesome.
    Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Or you can just use this extension.
      "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
      "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
      Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Hmm. Didn't make any difference.

Comment

Over the last few months I've noticed FireFox does way better if no extensions are installed at all! I only use 'order tabs' or 'organize tabs' right now.

Comment

That's a good choice floris, I went around installing extensions that are uninstallable
            Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
              Over the last few months I've noticed FireFox does way better if no extensions are installed at all! I only use 'order tabs' or 'organize tabs' right now.
              If you were to use the extension I listed, you could apply the tweak and then uninstall.
              "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
              "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
              Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

I changed the setttings a few days ago, haven't really noticed a difference.

Comment

I did install the extension about a month ago, and didn't notice any difference in speed
                  Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Mine is much faster now
                    That's the end of that!

Comment

I can't really tell if its faster or not... I'll have to test it out somehow later

MGM out

Comment

There are a whole slue of tweaks to make Firefox faster,

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                          There are a whole slue of tweaks to make Firefox faster,
                          Do you tell us some tricks? I think your post is incomplete (because of that , at the end)
                          That's the end of that!

Comment

I used the tweaks at Neowin to make Firefox faster and now pages load seemingly instantly:

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.ph...ut:config&st=0

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X