Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I stop this Troll from stealing my Content?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I stop this Troll from stealing my Content?

So this ass, is taking all of my site content. He sees a good post on my board and then he just copy+paste on his site word for word!

He will ask (copy/paste) the same things my users post on his site!

A user made a video for my members to see, I hosted if for him, this ass takes the vid and

Posts it as his, on his site, saved on his server!

He also uses pictures from my front page. Not really my pictures, but pictures I edit. He uses the exact pics in the exact size on his site.

I asked hi to stop but he does not care. He is so original...NOT
    Anyways, I’m sick of him ripig off my site. How can I find his IP and just ban the troll?
    http://webdirectoryforums.com - Web Directory Forums - Coming soon!
    http://linkageplus.com - PR5

if you know his webhost you can send them an email explainin g what s/he is doing and ask them to close down his site. also if he runs vB do the same with them and they will help also.

Comment

He is running phpnuke. I have no idea how to find out his host, and I don’t know if he is registered on my site.

Comment

go to http://betterwhois.com and run his domain name through a serch there all HIS contact info and his WEBHOST contact info should come up.

Comment

If you need help, give me a PM and I'm more than willing to step in
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Holly crap he just joined my site! Now i feel bad to ban him lol. I wanna see what he posts! :lol:

Comment

AIM: I am jonyyB

HIM: hey
              ME: name is Jonel
              ME: nice to meet you
              HIM: good to meet you
              ME: first, thank you for not spamming my site
              HIM: lol no problem
              HIM: Yah dude.. I'm not going to spam.. because I wouldn't allow it on my site either.. haha.. so I'm being respectful :-)
              ME: so hows the business going?

HIM: Well like 2 people own cobalts.. so biz is going nowhere :-)
              ME: oh you have a tc site so your good right?
              HIM: nah.. I dont run a tc site
              ME: someone you know?
              HIM: yah
              ME: ahh
              ME: you have a parts store?
              HIM: yep.. http://www.RacingXXXXXX.com
              ME yea
              ME: so why do you need a cobalt forum?
              HIM: well.. I have parts I need to sell.. what better way to sell them than to promote them on a large website
              ME: I don't see if practical. If I had an online store I would just focus on that…and nut spread myself thin
              HIM: Well.. I've been in business over 2 years... and know that most of the sales are generated by direct marketing.. i.e. message boards
              ME: i see

HIM: Your message board is pretty active.. you run a site like this before?
              ME:
              To be honest I am was quite angry with you. You have your stores and all, and I am just running a site for fun as a hobby. I spent A LOT of time looking for material and chopping pictures, and then you just come buy, and bam! All the work is done for you
              ME: No, first one ever
              ME: but i spent a lot of time and were online since March
              HIM: right... well.. I went on google and got all my pictures when I started... went on google and searched for any article related to the cobalt..
              ME: yes but pictures on the front page you take form me
              ME: the last oe up (red ss) i chopped
              HIM: from the commercial?
              ME: thats why i started the site on them
              ME: yes i did that pic in that size
              ME: right.. well look... when the cobalt starts selling.. there will be a ton of original content
              HIM: theres so little available .. not much to work with
              ME: :-\

ME: so you cant chop your own pics?
              ME: Also do you think people won't catch on?
              HIM: the commercial one was the first one i copied in a while.. and I did that cuz I was rushed to get that article up on the site...
              HIM: catch on to what
              ME: that you jsut copy/paste fro my site
              ME: i see the a post you made
              ME: copy and paste from one of my users word for word
              ME: liek it was yours
              ME: im not trying to be a dick, we are adults

HIM: Its all good man... you have an active forum.. I dont.. Im just trying to spark up some talk on my own
              ME: but i think you would be mad as well
              ME: I know, but still
              HIM: Like I said.. its to get the forum going.. eventually I wont need to do lame stuff like that
              ME: how about a deal for you
              ME: i do this for love
              ME: i love cobalts and i will have one
              ME: and i run the site from love and not to sell parts
              ME: how about I give you free advertising forever
              ME: on my site
              ME: and you stop ripping off my site?
              HIM: Honestly man.. we can work together.. You and I can take the Cobalt market and have the best sites on the net
              ME: i agree we can do it but i dont know if I want to work with someone unethical
              HIM: I've been around a while.. I know how to market ... I have no doubt in my mind my site will be big .. and we can work together to make yours just as big
              ME: you even took my "your #1chevy cobalt community" !

HIM: How'd you find out about his tc store?
              ME: i know everything about all of you
              ME: its my hobby
              ME: and im damn good at it
              HIM: bet u dont know about cobalttunerz past...
              me: no i dont lol
              me: but hes not ripping off my site ;-)
              HIM: baaahhhh
              HIM: come on now
              me: that is what you are doing bro
              me: you know it and i know it
              HIM: because I copied some thread topics?
              HIM: I could copy thread topics from any forum. what diff does it make?
              HIM: I'm not stealing users?
              ME: Well with the link in your sig you might be, can I link my site on yors?
              HIM: what?

ME: you have a link to your cardomain in your sig with your site
              ME: can i do the same on your site?
              HIM: heh.. calm your boy poolboyz02 down.. he's freaking out and gonna start spammign my site
              me: whats he doing?
              me: hes not mine lol
              HIM: yah dude... I dont mind if you link to cardomain .. I'm not linking to my site in my sig
              HIM: oh he's freaking out that I have the video he made on my site.. the little compilation thing
              ME: hey, its his video right?
              HIM: yah I believe he's the one that made it
              ME: Did you get permission to use it? From his post he just made I dont think so, therefore its illegal bro
              me: Come on you're a business owner!
              HIM: Jonel... this is the internet... stuff's gonna spread like wildfire
              ME: whats your degree in?
              HIM: computer information systems
              JonyyB: wow
              JonyyB: you know beter then :-(
              HIM: hehe.. one thing I've noticed with u.. is you're quick to say somethings illegal and want to sue n stuff... you have to relax a little
              JonyyB: did i say sue?
              JonyyB: i dont think I did
              JonyyB: but I can do that if I have to
              HIM: ahh.. well dude... I'm here to be civilized.. if you're gonna have some grudge against me.. then I guess we dont need to talk any more... your choice
              JonyyB: My choice is to civilized. However you are not rational, professional, nor respectful of my property! I would just like to ask you kindly to copying my site. Is that a lot to ask for?

HIM: I'm not copying your site
              JonyyB: then what are you doing?
              HIM: Preparing my site to be the #1 cobalt website
              JonyyB: but, thats me bro :-)
              HIM: :-)
              JonyyB: you cant be #1 when you copy
              HIM: I agree
              JonyyB: so can i just make a front page post about your site copying mine?
              HIM: Its your site.. you can choose to do whatever you want... but what purpose would it serve?
              JonyyB: to show people what you are doing?
              HIM: in business.. bad publicity can be good publicity
              JonyyB: Can I copy your parts store?
              JonyyB: word for word?
              HIM: sure
              JonyyB: k
              HIM: all the stuff on there is straight from the manufacturer
              HIM: You gotta relax Jonel... you're all up tight about this
              me: Remember how you said that net **** spreads like wildfire, It can be devastating to your lil store
              me: you got to relax with COPY / Paste
              HIM: heh
              HIM: well I thought after chatting we could get to know each other and be friends.. but sounds like you're not quite ready for that
              me: I would be if you did not copy my site, I expected more form a business owner with a professional degree
              me: Guess I was wrong
              me: have a good one and good luck with your store
              him: well hey Jonel... it was good to meet you.. good luck with your site.. Hopefully in the future, you wont be all bent out of shape and we can chit chat... talkt o you soon
              me: yea, we'll see you!

WOW, that a troll!
              Last edited by CSS59; Wed 29 Dec '04, 11:28pm.

Comment

Hmm....i think there are laws protecting u in such instances where people profit from your own work...which generally falls I think under copyrights...

Might be wrong, but you can in theory sue him for damages...
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

save that IM log to a CD for evidence after all he admitted to copying your site content witch is illegial.

i have made my site out of copying images from other sites but only when given the ok from the webmaster. and not every image from those sites were used and when possible not in the same order.

Comment

So this ass, is taking all of my site content. He sees a good post on my board and then he just copy+paste on his site word for word!

A user made a video for my members to see, I hosted if for him, this ass takes the vid and

He also uses pictures from my front page. Not really my pictures, but pictures I edit. He uses the exact pics in the exact size on his site.

Anyways, I’m sick of him ripig off my site. How can I find his IP and just ban the troll?
                    http://forums.cpfc.org/

Comment

Dave# was there a point to your post? all you did was copy the thread starters post with "reply with quote" added in.

Comment

Originally posted by CSS59

Do you have anything in your copyright area (at the bottom of your forum) to protect your member posts? Something like this:

"Any and all posts contained on the forum may not be redistributed in any way shape or form."

Do you have anything similar to protect your member graphics/video's?

Graphics in general on your forum in order to be protected under copyright, you/they must have made them from scratch. You said some of your images are not yours, but ones you have edited, so you cannot really protect them or claim copyright unless you got them from some place like StockStash.

If you have copyright notices set in place on your forum to protect you and your members, then definitely send him a copyright infringement notice to cease and desist. If he does not comply, then send a notification of claimed infringement to his host.

You can get templates for this that you can edit to suit your needs at R.I.G.H.T.S. http://www.rightsforartists.com/ I use these templates often (and refer my hosting clients there) to stop copyright infringement or to have an infringing site closed down. If anything else, read the R.I.G.H.T.S. web site as you will find a lot of good information there.

Artemis

Comment

The posts made by users are their copyright
                          The content of your site is yours.
                          If he copy/pastes your content he breaks your copyright.
                          Don't talk to him directly. Go to his hosting provider and point out the issue and point out their TOS/AUP where it says that he can't host unauthorized copyrighted material. And that you do not give authorization for him to rip your content.

Comment

if i knew how i would remake your images with WATERMARKS so when someone steals an image when they upload it it will give your domain name in the image if you just put text in small print in your images he could crop them with your url out. you could however put your website url in plain text diagonialy in your images then he has no choise but advertise your site or not use the new images

if we knew his site url we could help you find out who is hosting his site for you.

Comment

Im about to write to his host now... I'll see what they say

Thank you for the links and help

I will get back to you
                              Last edited by CSS59; Fri 31 Dec '04, 1:17am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X