No announcement yet.

VB Licensing Holding My Site Hostage!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB Licensing Holding My Site Hostage!!!

WOW, Day 5

Somehow, I had let one of my Vbulletin licenses expire. I thought I renewed with the rest of my licenses, but I didn't. The "VBulletin License Team" sent an order to my Webhosting provider to take my site off line and they did. I completely understand why this was done and I apologized for the oversite.

Now I'm trying to get it back online.

The lisense team is giving me the runaround and pushed me off to sales. Don't these people work in the same building? I sent an email to sales and that email was sent to a verification process to be sure it was a real email and not spam. Well, long story short, my site is still down and I cannot get a straight answer from anyone. I sent the license team proof of purchase from PayPal, guess it wasn't good enough.

Besides making sure my licensing is paid for every year, does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can someone from VBulletin to contact my webhosting company to free up my site???????

Just venting frustration......
    ProvidentialSolutions.com
    V8buick.com

Why don't you buy a lifetime license? This way your site wont get taken offline, you wont have to worry about paying year after year for a new license, and you can have full control over the license

MGM out

Comment

You paid with a PayPal eCheck which hasn't cleared yet,. That is why we never received your order. We do not receive anything until PayPal clears the funds.

And no - we don't all work in the same building.
      Last edited by Kier; Thu 30 Dec '04, 3:20am. Reason: Removed 'We don't have a building.' as this is not public knowledge.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Actually, the notice that your site was not in compliance with our license would have come from an outsourced agency that we hired to handle this on our behalf because it is more than a full-time job.

If you did indeed purchase a new license to cover this all you need to do is send an email to [email protected] with the customer number, password and license number and ask that we notify your host that the forum at the specified URL is valid. You will need to include hosting contact information that doesn't involve a ticket system as well.

Also make sure your email is correct on the license. Renewal notices are sent out before hand to let you know of expiring licenses so this doesn't happen.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks guy's.

Sounds like Steve has this under control. I have email him the contact information at my hosting company.

Thanks Steve

Wayne, my first email came from that service using [email protected] as the primary contact. I thought I was sending the information to the right department. I sent them all the information available to me regarding this account. That would explain why Vb licensing dept seemed a little disinterested in what was going on.

Like Steve said, it takes a few days using PayPal echeck and the proper customer number, password and license number had not been issued yet.

Just a little confusion going on.

Thanks again for the help and I hope it can be resolved today.
          ProvidentialSolutions.com
          V8buick.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X