Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else experiencing a sudden increase in traffic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else experiencing a sudden increase in traffic?

I was getting used to having about 150 people on board most of the time. This seems to be where it leveled out for me for the past few months.

Yesterday and today I'm suddenly seeing 180+. When I just looked now, there were 194 people on board. That's a new record for me.

The server and the program seem to be handling it beautifully, too
    Webmaster:
    @forumz

I finally broke 200!!

There are currently 97 member(s) and 107 guest(s) on the boards.
    Webmaster:
    @forumz

Comment

Congratulations Martin, that's great!

Comment

congrats.... Martin

ain't our VO servers great
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Not bad man!

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
            congrats.... Martin

ain't our VO servers great
            yup

I went to 210 on board and my TOP was .18. it usually hovers around .50-.70, though. Still plenty room left
            Webmaster:
            @forumz

Comment

My site will stick with its small numbers until football season - right now I normally am around 15 concurrent and top out at 30, come this summer that will skyrocket to around 100 - and I am scared as hell to see how the board reacts to that (I am on a virtual server - we go over a million page views a month from June to December, than it drops way down during the football offseason)

Last year with adding the board in during the middle of the season it never got to be more than two percent of total page views - I am actually hoping that it does not go about five.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin

yup

I went to 210 on board and my TOP was .18. it usually hovers around .50-.70, though. Still plenty room left
                yep with my vB generating 1600 posts/day and my oscars site getting hit with 700 visitors per hour my server is only around 0.20 - 0.55
                :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

the most i ever get is 10 people at a time, but i have been seeing alot of new people regitering the past month. It is funny when i advertise i get less visitors then when i don't advertise.

Comment

Originally posted by cyo
                    It is funny when i advertise i get less visitors then when i don't advertise.
                    People don't like religion to be forced down their throat. But to each their own...

-jim

Comment

Since we moved to VO we've seen a lot more traffic. I guess it's because it now takes less than an ice age to view a page people are willing to stick around a bit longer.

We had about 150+ members and guests on the board a few nights back, not bad for a shoddy perl board

Comment

you'll get it tuned right eventually Matt
                        Webmaster:
                        @forumz

Comment

Originally posted by Martin
                          I was getting used to having about 150 people on board most of the time. This seems to be where it leveled out for me for the past few months.

Yesterday and today I'm suddenly seeing 180+. When I just looked now, there were 194 people on board. That's a new record for me.

The server and the program seem to be handling it beautifully, too
                          Congrats!!!

Comment

it appears this was an abberation. now I've maxed at 149 all week

strangely, though, my pageviews and posts seem to be staying at that elevated level...
                            Webmaster:
                            @forumz

Comment

Martin, I think it might have been a beta bug. Our board was showing a LOT of visitors in Beta 3. In fact, one day we spiked to 90 during what is normally an "off" hour...when I reloaded the index page, it was down to 67....and all but 3 of the guests were gone.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X