Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AlienSector
    replied
    heh, thanks, though I don't think he'd call the cops on himself personally, though that is just my thought on it. Anyone stupid enough to plow into a car, back up, drive up and then speed off was too drunk to really care in the first place .

As before though, I am just happy to be able to walk away, many people are not so lucky when faced with the same situation.

As for Wal-Mart, no one else is open 24 hours a day so I have to have something to do late at night when I can't sit around anymore and I am not working. Sometimes I get together and hit perkins to eat with co-workers and friends, but wal-mart is about the height of excitment as sad as that may be. We don't have any internet cafes, coffee houses or anything else that actually stays open past 1:00-2:00 in the morning without having to go out of town.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Anime
    replied
    Alien i am glad you are ok

Originally posted by mechanical mind
    Well it looks like everybody is OK. So I can be facetious, "that's what you get for shopping at wal-mart" (they are the evil empire incarnate)
    no that would be AOhelL er i mean AOL

Leave a comment:

• Joseph777
    replied
    Originally posted by AlienSector
    My ex-girlfriend and I were heading down to wal-mart to grab something for her computer (she and I still talk, mainly because we were good friends before). We made it all the way to the red light to turn right for Wal-Mart and out of no where this truck drives right into the back of her car (large truck, bull-bar and all) and pushes us 15-20 feet past the stopping line and then has the nerve to backup and drive off without even so much as looking at us.
    Well it looks like everybody is OK. So I can be facetious, "that's what you get for shopping at wal-mart" (they are the evil empire incarnate)

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Or walked away to call the police or get help....ur legally entitled to do that as long as you return back to the scene..

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by Erwin
    He's not very smart if he ran off and left his truck behind.
    Could be panic. Perhaps he got such a shock out of it he walked away.. happens. Especially when drinking & driving

Leave a comment:

• noppid
    replied
    Originally posted by Erwin
    Folks like him are why TV shows like Dumb Criminals Exist.

Leave a comment:

• Erwin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AlienSector
    replied
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh
    Hahaha...nice

Musta misread...I thought he drove off in the truck and it was a Hit and Run.....
    Well, it was a hit & run, in combination with him fleeing on foot. He hit us and drove off, then about 5 minutes down the road, fled the vehicle. After the cops checked out the vehicle, he then got back in and drove off (my guess is the cops didn't search around the area too well else they would have found him sooner).

He was found at his home though.

Leave a comment:

• KimmiKat
    replied
    A few weeks ago in our area, someone in a SUV pushed a small car that was stopped at an intersection so he wouldn't have to wait. He ran a red light.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Hahaha...nice

Musta misread...I thought he drove off in the truck and it was a Hit and Run.....

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    According to the first post, he parked his vehicle and fled on foot. Even if they didn't get him right then, they could have tracked him down through the vehicle's registration.

Originally posted by AlienSector
    What's worse, the guy drove down a little more and got out of the truck and ran off so now he's looking at hit & run, fleeing the scene and possibly a DUI if he was in fact drunk.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    So he was caught? Good...how did you guys get him though? :-|

Leave a comment:

• AlienSector
    replied
    Turns out the worst of it was a small neck soreness for myself, though I've not heard from ther other since last night so I am not sure how she is fairing (since she already had neck troubles anyway).

The guy was caught, as in the first thread, though he honestly won't spend that much time in jail. It's almost as if having a DUI scared driving records means squat anymore. A friend of mine was a cop and he said it wasn't uncommon to hear of people with 5-6 DUI's that are still on the roads here which makes things even worse.

I'm just glad I was able to walk away, had he decided to wait until we were turning, I'd have probably not been walking away to easily (though probably would not have been deathly injured).

Leave a comment:

• Icheb
    replied
    This is why since I got my driver's license I beg for either a police state with cameras everywhere or an idiot test which requires that people can actually think on their feet.
    Just last week I was at an intersection with one lane and I wanted to go to the left. A bus came towards me on the other side and was already very close, so I had to wait. The idiot behind me kept honking his horn and getting all mad. Mind you, I didn't forget to signal and that idiot also wanted to go to the left, so he too would have had to wait.
    There are just so many stupid people people on the road that it's unbelievable that you don't see car accidents around every corner.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    We had something similar happen a couple of years ago only the guy never stopped the vehicle. We were driving down a popular street when someone made a u-turn right into the side of our car. Sent the car spinning and we ended up in a field facing 90 degrees of the direction we were driving. Luckily everyone was okay but the car was completely totaled.

Then in a snafu when we had removed another vehicle from our insurance, the insurance company dropped uninsured motorist coverage so the accident was never covered. The car had to be scrapped, for which we got $250, because it had $12,000 in damage to it and we had to purchase a new vehicle. Luckily we didn't have any payments on the totaled car as I would hate to have to pay off a loan for a car that had been recycled already.

Our accident was right after Christmas as well...

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X