X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean C
    replied
    Originally posted by MetalGearMaster
    Yea I use that as well, but ended up uninstalling it because I didn't know how accurate it was

MGM out
    PR itself isn't accurate, it's just an algorithim used to generate a figure. So I don't rely on it, just use it for reference

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean C
    Yea I use that as well, but ended up uninstalling it because I didn't know how accurate it was

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    I use the PR Extension for firefox ?

Leave a comment:

• AlienSector
    replied
    I've managed to get a 7 and 0 for vBulletin.com so I would say there is something wrong with the page or coding used for the script to pull the PR of the website. Does anyone know a more reliable one, without having to install the Google Toolbar .

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Guys .. just face it my vbulletin fan web site is the best!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    There's probably something wrong with that page. Our home page also produces 0/10:

http://www.vbulletin.com/

Leave a comment:

• BamaStangGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by bfoot045
    Nope yours has a PR of 6!

http://www.top25web.com/pagerank.php
    I think I am doing something wrong with that

Everything I enter is returning as 0/10 ???

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Then we went up a few

Leave a comment:

• Cole2026
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris
    Yes and no.
    Search Crawing Spider & Indexing Spiders are spidering according to some rules, and session hashes and dynamicly changing URLs are not always caught.

vBulletin 3 strips the session hash for bots so they can spider it more easily. And it also has an archive feature which is very easy for bots to use.

So far the bots have found every page of vBulletin that a guest can see and I can find nearly every one of them back in the search engines. So .. so far so good.
    I think my site has a PR of 4.
    Nope yours has a PR of 6!

http://www.top25web.com/pagerank.php

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Add it to search engines, in dmoz and get linked on other web sites, back to yours. Advertise and put your link in sigs on other web sites.

Leave a comment:

• sparknote_s
    replied
    So after you get your forum going, what type of marketing techniques are used to get it known out to people?

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Yes and no.
    Search Crawing Spider & Indexing Spiders are spidering according to some rules, and session hashes and dynamicly changing URLs are not always caught.

vBulletin 3 strips the session hash for bots so they can spider it more easily. And it also has an archive feature which is very easy for bots to use.

So far the bots have found every page of vBulletin that a guest can see and I can find nearly every one of them back in the search engines. So .. so far so good.
    I think my site has a PR of 4.

Leave a comment:

• sparknote_s
    started a topic Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization

Are there any problems with spiders indexing pages that have content dynamically loaded, like vbulletin forums?

If so, what can be done to increase your search engine rankings for vbulletin sites?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X