Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0412ipod.html

I'm one of the people who drained the 20 GB supply as of today. The synchronization of the iPod and iTunes is awesome; I love being able to rate songs on the iPod. Also got the iTrip so I can listen in my car.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

I bought the 40gb model with the dock. I agree it is amazing. Currently have it plugged in through an aux port in my car stereo and then when I set it in the dock it has a connector to connect into my stereo at home.
    Surrix.net: Computer help forums/articles

The person in my avatar is Elisha Cuthbert she plays on Fox's 24

Comment

I just got my iPod 20GB last week.

It's more awesome then I thought it was.

What I love most is how iTunes and iPod work together, how any changes are just automatically made to your iPod. It amazes me how easily this works, and how efficient it is.

I still have plenty more CDs to put on my iPod, haven't had the time as of late yet. (Probably too lazy)

Comment

I was in the local Costco today and they had about 100 of the 20GB iPods on the floor. However they are the HP co-branded ones but don't think that should matter. The local Target had them yesterday as did Radio Shack, not sure about today.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

If you have a reasonable car, and you want to get a really awsome setup for your ipod, check out http://www.dension.com/main.php?pageid=50&topid=42

It isnt out here, but its close to what my setup is currently, and the sound quality increases heaps when using a digital signal over radio waves.

At the moment i use the belkin car charger with the audio out plugging into the AUX on my headunit.

Comment

I just love my pair of Oakley Thumps. You can find info on them at http://oakley.com/catalog/eyewear/thump/specs/

Comment

My iPod mini should arrive today

Iam truly excited, one heard so much about the iPod and I want to see if it's true. Iam a bit scared mine could be broken though It happens to a lot of iPods (low battery or stuff like that).
              That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by Itworx4me
                I just love my pair of Oakley Thumps. You can find info on them at http://oakley.com/catalog/eyewear/thump/specs/
                People actually wear them?!

what do you do when you want to take your sunnies off?

Comment

I am waiting for flash-based.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
                    I am waiting for flash-based.
                    Probably $200 (Q1 2005 as you likely know is the prediction). I would have waited but I got the academic discount for the current 20 GB and I do want to have my whole collection with me. Also I'm doubtful as to whether Apple would support removable Flash cards (SD or such) or build it in.

Anyway, my review of the iPod 20 GB/Dock/iTrip:

Good:
                    • Excellent UI
                    • On-the-go song rating
                    • Simple controls
                    • Surprisingly good earbuds with good bass
                    • iTrip works very nicely in the Washington DC/Baltimore area, although the closest to a city I've gotten is Baltimore by about 2 miles.
                    • Charges right over Firewire with no AC adapter
                    • Excellent synchronization with iTunes, no effort required
                    • Dock is heavy and solid
                    • Thin
                    • Came preformatted for Windows instead of Mac
                    • Most fun to unpack box ever (it really is like origami)

Not as good:
                    • Chromed back is a major fingerprint magnet
                    • Slightly heavier than I'd wanted
                    • Foam padding for earbuds covers the L/R text
                    • Earbuds tangle up constantly (but then again, all earbuds do)
                    • File transfers are fast but the initial connection time to iTunes is something like 30 seconds
                    • Sometimes thinks it's always connected and needs a manual disconnect via Safely Remove Hardware
                    • Scrollpad can get tedious after a bit (especially with Solitaire)
                    • Can't sort songs by Filename that I can tell (a lot of my songs miss the ID3 tag but are properly named with Artist - Song Name.mp3)
                    • No true support for Smart Playlists (only accurate at the time of synchronization; my most played playlist is rating-based and I rate some songs on the iPod
                    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

I much prefer the second generation iPod to the third generation in terms of design .

Comment

My 4,5 generation has not yet arrived.. It's been more than a week now

What do you think of this little application that allows you to install Linux on any iPod (not the iPod mini as far as I know)

-> http://sourceforge.net/projects/ipodlinux/
                        That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase
                          What do you think of this little application that allows you to install Linux on any iPod (not the iPod mini as far as I know)

-> http://sourceforge.net/projects/ipodlinux/
                          Why would anyone want to do that?
                          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Linux buffs are weird that way... everything must run Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
                              Linux buffs are weird that way... everything must run Linux.
                              Well there are advantages, the main one being you are no longer "locked in" into Apple's software. So you can use your own or third party software for downloading/copying/transferring of files etc.

For example some people would not like every time you get a song from iTunes they add it to the profile thay have of you, so they can 'better' server you advertisements. Not saying they do this, I don't know, but with open source software you know for 100% what and what its not doing.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X