Really hard to find Good Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really hard to find Good Help

Gah, its rather annoying. What do you guys do to get a set of good loyal staff? I ending up seem to have staff who are sometimes not committed, or are just not pulling their weight. Half the time they seem to be there just for the name or benefits. Like out of 50 hirings, I only got maybe 3 or 4 dedicated members.

What do you guys do to bring in quality staff members?
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Normally the best thing to do is wait until you see someone who has been active for a long time, makes intelligent posts, and answers questions in a who select forums, then set them up as staff if you feel comfortable that they'll pull their weight.

I've found it's almost always a bad idea to make someone a moderator who keeps asking for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew111888
      Normally the best thing to do is wait until you see someone who has been active for a long time, makes intelligent posts, and answers questions in a who select forums, then set them up as staff if you feel comfortable that they'll pull their weight.

I've found it's almost always a bad idea to make someone a moderator who keeps asking for it.
      100% right never and i mean never make them moderators, because they ask for it. usually these members just want to have some "powers" over the over members and usually don't help you at all.

Picking staff isn't the easiest thing in the world but the one's that are able of doing such things stand out pretty well. usually i pick members who are active all the time and are dedicaded to helping other people. It's a good idea to ask them if they would like to take on such responsibilities first though.

And you should always have staff who are creative and can help you make difficult decisions

anyway good luck
      http://whatpulse.bounceme.net/sig/zen.png

Comment

Hahaha, that's a given.

However I'm talking about other aspects though, like people who do other duties, ie news, downloads, etc.
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
          Gah, its rather annoying. What do you guys do to get a set of good loyal staff? I ending up seem to have staff who are sometimes not committed, or are just not pulling their weight. Half the time they seem to be there just for the name or benefits. Like out of 50 hirings, I only got maybe 3 or 4 dedicated members.

What do you guys do to bring in quality staff members?
          Our staff is evaluated once every 6 months. This helps us find out why someone is no longer active, not as comitted as we thought he or she would be and helps us show the staff their position isn't solid by default. And we pick them on their activity on the forums, behind the scenes and the way they work with users on the site and how they work as a member of a team. Those who do well we reward them with free domain names, a license donation or whatever is possible at that moment. At least we tell the person we are pleased with his or her work. And if we are not pleased we will talk about it with that person in private.

There are always moments where you find all of your staff to be inactive, not motivated or simply not trying to be involved in the site. As admin (or as a group of admins) it is your job to 'fix' that by finding out why.

Comment

That's a really good suggestion! Thanks Floris!

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
              That's a really good suggestion! Thanks Floris!
              he always has good imput

(this post endorces floris 100%)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X